U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, June 23rd, 2023 9:07 PM

Closed

Xfi Shows Gateway Offline, but WiFi Working Properly

I've had the black Xfinity Gateway router for years, worked fine, showed up in iOS Xfinity app - was able to pause devices or use port forwarding with it.

Yesterday: upgraded to new white Xfinity Gateway router. Wifi is strong and good throughout the house. The only problem is that the Xfinity app shows "xFi Gateway Offline". It seems like it is looking for the old black Gateway. Without that, no control over devices or port forwarding.

I had a long customer service chat session about this issue this morning. We rebooted the modem, they refreshed the services, I even uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity app on my iPhone. Nothing helped. To make matters worse, when they "refreshed the services" they totally messed up the Gateway router and I had to reset it and setup the router AGAIN. The Xfinity app did work perfectly to setup the Gateway router just fine, it just thinks it is offline when all is done.

It's been frustrating. I see people having this same issue three years ago. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 year ago

@user_888277, Hello, thanks for reaching out to our forum and creating such a detailed post. I'd love a shot to help you with your modem issue not reporting as online on the app. Luckily you're still able to connect and access your service, that's always the first priority, but we can still help. Are you able to confirm if the new modem is showing offline on the Xfintiy website as well? I just want to confirm the full scope of the issue. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ Yes, the new modem still shows xFi Gateway offline. How can I check the status on the website, not sure what the URL is for that.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ On the Devices page on Xfinity. It shows both the old black router and the new white router.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ On Status Center, it shows the old black modem as unavailable, but the new white modem is Connected. Maybe I just need to return the old black modem to the service center? I had been holding off on this, but maybe once it is deleted from my account, that makes the app work.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you so much for your response @user_888277 and for your time on this. Allow us the chance to take a deeper look into this on our end. In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having same issue, word for word.  Customer service is useless

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello @user_2c5a59 are both the app and the website showing the wireless gateway is offline?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I too am having this same exact issue.  This needs to be fixed asap.  I need to be able to pause devices!  It has been over two weeks with this issue. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

I am very glad that we were able to get that app issue resolved for you from here. If we can ever be of any other assistance feel free to reach out to us here. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@XfinityJohnG​ This issue still exists for me and the other people who replied here. I really don't know what are referring to. Nothing is resolved.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_888277 - We apologize for any confusion on our part! I still we still have a direct message going with you, so I will continue there with you shortly. Thank you so much for reaching back out to let us know your issue has not been resolved. We're going to do everything we can to help!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I have the same problem.  The Chat help was useless. What steps do I take to resolve this!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Finally my iOS Xfinity app can see the new router. I didn't do anything special, although I did have to reboot the modem just before I checked - no idea. To summarize for others having this problem, this is what happened:

- I had the old black Gateway router for years

- Xfinity sent me the new white Gateway router, I set that up

- Wifi worked fine, but the iOS app could never see the Gateway -> "xFi Gateway Offline" on the app

- I returned the old black Gateway router to the Xfinity store; still had the problem

- Everything else here was done with Direct Messages on the support chat...

- It took them a few days to remove the old Gateway from my account

- Still no luck on iOS app -> they did a "reprovision" operation -> still no result

- Xfinity's last suggestion was to log out and log in on the app, which I did not do

- Rebooted the Gateway one morning, because there was no wifi

- Checked the Xfinity app and suddenly it connected to the new Gateway

It's been about 1 month since I got the new Gateway and finally the problem is resolved.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here