U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 16th, 2023 3:12 AM

Closed

XB8 Gateway Fails to Activate in Xfinity App

Just upgraded from Xfinity XB6 to XB8 Gateway.  The Xfinity App activation process timed out at the “Preparing to Setup” screen and says something like “this is taking longer than expected, please try again.”   I try again and it times out every time.  // [edit]: My network is working fine as I was able to activate the XB8 via tech support. The problem is I can’t access any devices, security, etc. because the App won’t connect to the Gateway. //  I had a few devices paused in my network and I currently cannot unpause them due to this problem.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I have the same problem. The Xfinity app sees the XB8 as a “gateway - online” under Connect->View Wi-Fi equipment but as soon as I try to open it, it just sits there with the three dots trying to process the request. Anybody solve this issue yet?

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

Are you not able to connect to the internet because of this?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I can connect to internet fine but I want to be able to get into the gateway to enable WPA2 encryption so that my HP printer connects to XB8 over Wi-Fi per instructions below to use the Xfinity app to make the changes:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Wireless-Networking-Internet/Xfinity-XB8-and-WP3A-authentication-for-printers/td-p/8457574

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Does the Xfinity app assume the default username and password for gateway perhaps and if you change it to something else like I did, the app won’t be able to access the gateway?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Actually I am now able to access the gateway. Maybe it just takes a long time the first time.

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

Interesting. I think it may have just been a glitch personally. We are phasing out the My Account app, and moving those functions over to the Xfinity app. It's possible you may have tried to use while we were doing updates on the Xfinity app. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

Your gateway came defaulted at WPA3. You will need to check under settings to change to WPA2. Once that is done you can go through the process of setting up the two bands.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks I don’t see anywhere using Xfinity Assist app to change to WPA2. Any idea where it is? I thought it was under “Advanced Settings” but don’t see it there.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here