E

Tuesday, March 12th, 2024 2:30 PM

Closed

Wifi pausing. Kids just bypass it by forgetting network and reconnecting.

Teen realized she can just click "forget network" and reconnect, and will no longer be on the paused profile. How can I ensure the wifi stays paused to her devices at night time?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

6 months ago

@Egrimes20 Also having teenagers I can understand where you are coming from. When it comes to things of this nature we are not able to prevent things such as settings being changed on the phone. I will however pass this information along to our developers. Thank you for letting us know. 

2 Messages

You would think it would capture info like the Mac address or some digital identifier and recognize that it is not a newly connected device. Trust me when I say this: if there's a parental control or security measure, there's always an equal "how to bypass _____" out there and kids find it

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Egrimes20 Oh trust me I know how kids are these days. I had to just take the phone away from both of mine and even turned the modem completely off. Kids seem to always find a way! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here