Shebas250's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 15th, 2023 11:33 AM

Closed

Verification code

Why am I not getting a verification code when signing in?

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@Shebas250 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your questions here. To ensure you receive the 2 factor authentication code, please ensure you have that enabled fully on your Xfinity profile. To do so, please follow the directions outlined in this article

Please let us know if you have any other questions or run into any issue when getting that two factor authentication set up. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Does Xfinity Comcast use sectigo public code signing ca r36 ?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

That's a great question, @user_797aee! I couldn't find any details regarding the exact type of certificates being used for two-step verification. The article mentioned by @XfinityJessie outlines the most recent development utilizing push notifications through the Xfinity app, instead of the previous default of sending a code to your mobile number or email address. This allows for an extra layer of security through biometric screening (fingerprint ID or facial recognition) or an in-app code generator.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

10 months ago

That is all well and good, except I cannot LOG into my account without the 2-step verification.  The phone and email information is correct, but if the codes ever come, they're hours late and are rejected.  I can't pay my bill without getting into my account.  so what do i do now???

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@user_3iv2bb Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I'm happy to take a look and see how we can assist since you are able to confirm you are getting the code but the emails aren't coming through. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

10 months ago

i am having the same issue.  Worked up thru yesterday and now NONE of the 2-step verifications codes are coming across.  I can't access any of my bank accounts or other website information.   WTH?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here