U

Friday, July 5th, 2024 6:53 PM

Unable to switch linked accounts

I am trying to disable automatic payments on an inactive address that is linked to my current Xfinity username/password. However, whenever I hit the “switch accounts” link on the account  drop down menu, the link does not work. I have been on the phone with Xfinity support twice and they have been unable to resolve the issue.

This problem was cited on a previous inquiry (https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-app/unable-to-switch-accounts/644f2f902715675987846c70). Per Wrs31’s reply, the answer is that:

”Bottom line is that the ‘switch account’ link does not work. You have to go to linked account management screen and set the one you are trying to access as primary.  Sign out and back in and then you can get to the other account you just set as primary.  But then you are stuck in that account and cant's switch back without changing back to primary in the linked account management page.”

However, I have been unable to “set the one [old address] you are trying to access as primary” because under the “manage linked accounts button (account menu > account and identity > Xfinity ID and security) it does not give me the option to choose which address is the primary.

The issue is complicated by the fact there are numerous discrepancies between Xfinity’s website and App and that many of the links do not work or are circular on both the website and the app. Additionally, Xfinity support staff are unable to provide any help without having to file a ticket to their supervisor to get help. As a telecommunications business, you would think that Xfinity should be on top of their game with regard to websites and apps. However, unfortunately, this is not the case at all.

Official Employee

• 

880 Messages

2 months ago

Hello< @user_co2mje. Thank you for your detailed post. I am going to get to the bottom of this for you. To do that, I will need to look at your accounts from our side. Please, send a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address so we can start digging into the root cause. Thank you and see you there!

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here