U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 1st, 2023 3:18 AM

Closed

Unable to switch accounts

The subject says it all. No matter how I navigate to the Switch Accounts link on the customer.xfinity.com page I can't switch to a new account. The OAuth polaris.xfinity.com just redirects me right back to the page I was already browsing, without allowing me to change my account. I've tried on a Mac with Safari and Firefox, on Windows 11 with Firefox and Edge, and on iOS with Safari. I've cleared all site data in each of these browsers and I've completely disabled all content blocking and enhanced tracking protection.

Since the mobile application apparently relies on this to change accounts (which is a terrible user experience) I cannot make any changes to my other account, which includes provisioning new hardware, updating billing details, everything. I'm unable to provision a new modem and the modem I'm attempting to provision got provisioned to the wrong account, which took the phone support team almost 2 hours to fix, but I'm still unable to provision to the account since there's simply no way for me to select it.

The worst part of this is that I can see the account, and it's listed as "Inactive" on the web site or simply not badged on the mobile application, but from that page I have no option to simply select that as the account I'd like to update.

Please fix this redirect/OAuth/token bug as soon as possible.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 year ago

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with switching accounts. Have you followed the steps on the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/switching-between-multiple-accounts?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I had the same issue.  Signed up a new account a few months ago at a different address.  I was trying to change automatic billing for my primary address and could not access.  Tried pressing the "switch accounts" link but it does not sent me to the other account.  Keeps returning to the one I was trying to leave.

Almost 2 hours online with the technician through chat and got disconnected.  They were useless.  I figured out myself through trial and error.  Bottom line is that the "switch account" link does not work.  You have to go to linked account management screen and set the one you are trying to access as primary.  Sign out and back in and then you can get to the other account you just set as primary.  But then you are stuck in that account and cant's switch back without changing back to primary in the linked account management page.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

You have to go to linked account management screen and set the one you are trying to access as primary.  Sign out and back in and then you can get to the other account you just set as primary.

@wrs31​ This is literally the only way to get this done right now. Thank you.

And shame on Xfinity!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem here. What a disaster and shame on Xfinity not being able to solve this important feature for users that have multiple accounts with them.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Same here. My issue extends to that when internet is active on one account my other account deactivates...

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I can't find a single option to change accounts. I can view my linked accounts but there's no way to change the account. And when I try to unlink the old address, it says I need to switch accounts and turn off automatic billing. I would love to swap accounts but I can't! Good lord Xfinity swapping accounts shouldn't be this hard

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thanks for reaching out to us for support @Rplockwood did you already try to follow the link that was provided above? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityPeterH​ Hi There, I tried your link & followed all the steps for switching an account. But it is not showing any selection box for account switching, instead 'switch account' link is just redirecting/refreshing the same page.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I want to access my old bills from the inactive account (already linked to my current account). But I'm not able to access the bills due to the switching account problem. There's no chat support or customer support for this issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_d0a86c

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here