U

4 Messages

Tuesday, April 30th, 2024 7:12 AM

Unable to set port forwarding

I am unable to setup port forwarding through the xfinity app.  I just get a page that says "Something unexpected happened"   This problem has been going on basically two years, I try every few months but nothing changes.

Please fix it thanks.

4 Messages

18 days ago

Hello? Service techs? customer support?  kinda want this answered.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_b936sr. I am sorry to hear that you are not able to set up port forwarding. Are you logged into the Xfinity App using the primary username log in? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Thanks for getting back,

Yes, I can see all other account information and make edits to some settings however the DMZ and Port Forwarding still give me the "Something unexpected happened" page.  

Official Employee

• 

3.8K Messages

Thanks for letting us know, user_b936sr! I notice some people have be having success with this through the Xfinity assistant from the app. Before trying these steps you want to make sure the IP address you are trying to forward to does not have a reserved IP address already set up. If you do, set that device back to DHCP and then go through these steps to see if it allows you to set the port forwarding:

1. Open Xfinity App

2. Open the Xfinity Assistant. (Chat bubble with two dots at upper right)

3. Type "Port Forward".

4. An option for "Network" should populate. Select "Network".

5. Select "Open Advance Settings" option that should populate. 

6. Select "Port Forwarding" option which should directly navigate to the Port Forwarding settings page within the app.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

I promise I tried this a few times before but I guess it takes a tech to tell me to do it for it to work.  Thanks!

Can you run a ticket up internally through the app development team to fix this problem?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_b936sr you are welcome to share feedback with the app in the app store or play store. If that is what you mean. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here