M

Tuesday, August 20th, 2024 9:20 PM

The app doesn't find my own modem

Three days ago I signed up for service with Xfinity and bought my own modem, but when I followed the instructions in the app, I received a message that it couldn't find it.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

27 days ago

Thanks for reaching out, MC1081! Are you still able to use your service with no issue?

6 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ I still can't activate the service.

I keep getting the message that my modem is not found.

Official Employee

• 

278 Messages

Before purchasing your modem, did you ensure the model was listed on our site to support the speed you subscribed to? Once purchased, did you add the modem to your account before attempting to activate it?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

@XfinityXanadu​ The modem is on the list of models that support the speed I subscribed to.

I did not add it to my account before trying to activate it.

Official Employee

• 

278 Messages

That sounds like the culprit! Once the modem is assigned to your account, activation will be a breeze. Right now it can't have any bootfiles sent to it because it's not in our system to determine what services an account is subscribed to or what account the device is assigned to. Once you add it, please let me know if there are still any issues getting it activated. The hyperlink in my previous message for adding the modem should walk you through it.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

I don't see where I can assign my modem in the app, can you help me?

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

25 days ago

Is this a new move-in / installation ?

6 Messages

I'm new to this house, I'm renting it.

6 Messages

@XfinityAdrienne​ I don't know what to do anymore, I urgently need wifi, I'm new in the country

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

We're so sorry to hear that the services are still not working. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, and then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

Expert

• 

105.9K Messages

@MC1081

I'm new to this house, I'm renting it.

Is the "Online" indicator light lit steadily ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here