U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, May 14th, 2023 5:29 PM

Closed

security risk warning and action?

Almost everyday I receive this alert on my phone: "xFi Advanced Security blocked a security risk on a device, but additional action is needed. Tap to see risk". But in the "Help Me Fix It", there are only generic suggestions like "restart your device". If I check the logs, it shows some known attackers' IP addresses which are blocked. Therefore, I am not sure if any real action has to be taken, or I just leave it as is, trusting that xFi has blocked the malicious attempt? Thanks.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@user_2fe28b Thanks for reaching out about advances security. There can be options to permanently block, but not every time will it show the same options. When I have a threat I usually see exactly what you are experiencing. This will most likley change over time and the security will continue to block the same or similar threats. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I've been getting this same notification for weeks now. Each time I select "tap to see risk" and it just takes me to the connect page of the app. I've tried enabling "advanced security" repeatedly but it just goes to the spinning "Making your updates" wheel, and the next time I check it's still off. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I see the same notification with additional action needed but I can find no indication of problems or actions needed anywhere in the app.

I am also unable to turn on advanced security, presumably due to Apple devices on my network.

If you're going to provide a notification that indicates there is a risk that requires action, then provide the details. 

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Hello, @Hornist. Have you had the opportunity to check out the steps listed here to see if it shows more information on the alert? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@Hornist​ The suggested "fix" will likely be to restart the device and make sure software is up to date; pretty generic common sense stuff. Not much else you can do except disconnect the device. 

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Just received this warning.  Then when trying to find it on my account it is not there. I also can no longer find it in my messages?  WTH is going on? Behind a VPN so suspect it is a scam that is actually using Xfinity's own system.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Got one and called xfinity mobile tech support. The "fix" for my problem was disable DMZ. Was laughing and then told it was something to do with the wifi or modem. Xfinity told me to ignore it since the threat had been blocked.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I did like the recommendation said and changed my password.  Then today I tried to log in and the old password worked but the new one did not.  I had logged into the new one after I changed it.  Is there a way someone using my old password could have changed it back?

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

I get these alerts on security cameras frequently. I seem to go weeks without these alerts but then get them almost daily for some time. I just assume there are constant attempts from bots and scammers to hack into security devices. There is likely a constant pressure on internet-connected devices and these alerts are a result. There are just so many low-lifes in the world who survive by stealing from others.

I once read advice from a security expert who said to always assume someone was watching your cameras and to act with that in mind. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here