U

Monday, February 12th, 2024 12:58 AM

Closed

Second email address is unable to log into the Xfinity App

I'd like to know why one of my emails was fixed (and only by BBB intervention), and now I can't log in- Truly, should I start looking for a more reliable company?

(Converted and moved to proper board)

This post was created from this reply on different post

Official Employee

• 

853 Messages

7 months ago

@user_6qhr0o Are you receiving an error code or message when trying to login? 

6 Messages

7 months ago

I had  an email with a working password that the tech and I came up with, it worked until I had to shut it down for a few minutes. When I logged back in, the password wouldn't work. Now this is after a lot of time on the system with your tech (which I really didn't have the time to give up). And keep in mind that the tech said that I would have to go back over twenty years to a Primary account I had at another address, and the Primary account on my account at the time of the breach is no longer valid. It really is bad support when you're setting a password on an account, then suddenly that password doesn't work. I am retired, over 25 years in the computer industry and have a Masters in computer science, and I must say that I have never seen such a mess in my life-it seems that no one at Comcast has any idea about the problems and how to repair them.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

7 months ago

Hello, @user_6qhr0o I definitely understand the frustration of not having access to your email after working with us previously, and would definitely like to see if I can help. When trying to access are you logging in directly through the website, or with a 3rd party client?

If you're using a 3rd party client to access after the password change, that would need to be updated inside the client as well if that hadn't been done. Here's a great article that has the 3rd party client settings: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email

Another thing that can block 3rd party access is if it isn't enabled: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/third-party-email-access

6 Messages

7 months ago

I always enter through the xfinity app-I hit sign in, enter the email id, then password.

Official Employee

• 

880 Messages

7 months ago

Go ahead and send a DM to "Xfinity Support". I would like to look up your email addresses to find out how they are assigned. See you there!

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right corner or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here