U

Friday, February 9th, 2024 6:44 PM

Closed

Service Outage and Total Lack of Communication from Comcast

My power went out, PGE was there within hours to fix the issue.  I have called Comcast repeatedly to find out what is going on since the power HAS been restored and the area IS SAFE.  However since I am in an area of outage I get a message and the "customer service" robot automatically hangs up even if I say I am not calling about the outage.

Why is it that you are automatically routing calls to be hung up on and not allowing customers to know what is going on with the outages?

I'm supposed to be getting text updates but have not received a single update.  PGE was sending me updates instantly and at acceptable intervals until the issue was resolved.  Comcast = crickets.

This presents customers with a very [Edited: "Language"] picture of your company, one that who is eager to take money but very slow to help customers with problems.

I had a service issue last year and not one "service" representative knew what 'lag' was or 'packet loss due to routing' was.  It shows that your 'service' staff is not trained in actual internet service issues (or even common internet terms).  In addition I was told to check my router when the issue was clearly due to what happens after the packets have left my system and are being routed by YOUR system to their destination.  Which is easily demonstrated by a trace route in Windows.

It is really no surprise that you now refuse to discuss anything with your customers and hang up on them without any options to give what I would consider VALUABLE information about the area in which they serve...

You are shutting out the customer and the reason is not even a valid excuse (the power has been restored and the area is safe).

Sure you may be overloaded right now, as you should be when there are issues after a storm (and so you should have people on staff available for these situations), what you should not be doing is automatically routing people to a dead end because you lack the ability to address issues with your system and equipment.

Do better Comcast, what you are currently doing is [EDITED: Language].

PGE has demonstrated that a company can interface with customers, why is it that you are failing to do so...?

Official Employee

• 

920 Messages

7 months ago

Hi there @user_wg6m2t ! Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum and providing this feedback. When there is an area issue, and it involves power, the power being restored to your home does not necessarily mean that any damage to our infrastructure or systems is repaired, unfortunately. With text updates, the messages will provide an update on restoral. Any information we have available would be posted in the venues listed here : https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/check-service-outage 

I am very sorry that you experienced issues calling in, that is definitely not the experience we want for you, but I do want to express that beyond what is listed online, agents would not have any additional information to provide I'm afraid.  I would be happy to assist with anything else you may need or questions you may have to the best of my ability. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here