G

Tuesday, October 24th, 2023 9:43 PM

Closed

Port forwarding

I'm having issue opening a port(16261 and 16262) have tried everything from factory reseting my router, disabling upnp, making the device a dmz, trying other devices, turning off firewalls completely. But every single time the ports refuse to open idk what else to do

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

11 months ago

Hey there! Have you read over this article? https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway

3 Messages

Yeah, I have and have port forwarded many times before just for some reason now it refuses to let me open a port

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

We'll get this sorted out! Are you using the Xfinity app, or admin tool to set up port forwarding, @GeneralG02? Is there an error message or code you're receiving when attempting to do so? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

there is no error message, I'm using an ASUS router. every time I check the port it acts as if its closed

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Okay got it!  Thanks so much for that clarification.  That seems a bit odd.  Have you reached out to the manufacturer?  We are glad to take a closer look at this for you.  Please feel free to shoot us a DM so that we can get the particulars and get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here