Closed

Port forwarding not loading

The port forwarding buttons won't take me to the next page

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Open up the xfinity app and it should bring you to the overview page. On the top right, there is a chat icon, click it. It will bring you to the chat AI assist. In the chat window, type port forward. The AI will respond the a number of prompts, select network. Then another list of prompts will load, select open advanced options. Finally, the last set of prompts will appear, where here you can select port forwarding."

Important: If you click the chat button in the app and it takes you to a blank white page, make sure your default browser for Android at least is set to Chrome. This will allow the chat page to load so you can complete this process.

Good luck! 😊😊

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_5e82db​ This action does exactly the same thing as simply selecting wifi, view wifi equipment, advanced settings, port forwarding. Result is "we encountered an issue. If the problem persists, check back later. Try again."

I have had chats with three different agents. Each told me the same thing: it is a system wide issue and will be fixed "shortly." When inquiring how long that will be, either no answer or actually ending the chat. I had an old Arris gateway modem which handled all of this through the admin login on the router easily. Lightning strike destroyed it so I replaced it with Xfinity rental gateway five days ago. Encountered same problems described on this thread. If purchasing my own modem still blocks access, how can I solve this without dumping Xfinity and going to FiOS?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@n3icXfinityForum​ This afternoon the Android Play Store showed an update for the Xfinity app, dated July 13.  Installed that and no change.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Okay, this makes no sense, but...  I had the Xfinity app installed on a Pixel 2 phone running Android 11, where it always returns the error message.  I had no actual hope, but I installed it on a tablet running Android 9 -- and it works!!!  So far, so good.  But sooner or later Comcast will probably require >9 for the app to run.  If so, what do I do then?  Also, the app's features don't show you the actual IP address until after executing the port forward, so essentially I have to set it up, see its actual IP address, then modify it.  Also cannot set up forwarding for any devices not online.  This now works but is so far inferior to the industry standard of simply using the router's Admin account to set it up.

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your issues setting up a port forward. Can you tell me where in the steps contained within this link you are running into an issue? https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/port-forwarding-xfinity-wireless-gateway

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityMichelle​ hi sorry for the late response this is the step I had a issue with when I tried to set up port forwarding on my gaming computer on the app.(Select Port Forwarding from the menu) every time I try to press the button, it does nothing. And sometimes take me back a page.

I tried going on the website but I can't no more.it's only been moved to the app

Official Employee

• 

939 Messages

No worries on the late response, we are here for you 24/7. Have you attempted all the steps listed in the support article for Xfi users Set Up Port Forwarding on Your Xfinity Gateway

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Hi, I'm encountering the same issue. At step 5 of "xFi Users: Set Up Port Forwarding" (on the page you linked to), when I select "Port Forwarding" from the menu, the app doesn't takes me to the next page.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

It seems that others are having the same issue as well (from the Google Play Store review page):

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

hey @user_217a06 I know it is important to maintain access to all features available on our Xfinity App and website. I would be just as concerned if a portion of the app was not functioning correctly. I am here and will see what I can do to get this resolved. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7 

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9r for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same here try to use port forwarding not working

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

@KevinP07, hello and thank you for reaching out. Are you still having issues setting up port forwarding? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the exact same problem. On the app, the Port Forwarding button is completely unresponsive. This is unacceptable, especially since all the options have been entirely gutted from the router settings (where normal people access these features)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

file:///C:/Users/super/Pictures/Screenshot_20230609-053909_YouTube.jpg

I'm not sure if this is how you send a picture, so I'll summarize it just in case it seems like when you hit the disable advanced security, you ain't disabling anything. You're just sending a notification that you want it disabled and someone just forgot to look over your request. if this is the answer, that's a bad oversight

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here