U

5 Messages

Saturday, March 2nd, 2024 10:32 AM

Closed

Paramount Plus With Showtime - IMPOSSIBLE to Sign Into App with Subscription from Xfinity

So I renewed another annual contract and added Max and "Paramount Plus with Showtime" to my bundle for $5 a month each.  When I try to log into my new Paramount+ account through the app, it will not accept my Xfinity credentials, so I had to dig through the website to find the providers list, and it does NOT include Xfinity.  I figured to sign onto the Showtime Anytime app to obtain my credentials from that hoping it will work on Paramount+, but it does not properly sign on through the Xfinity provider link (possibly because the app has been phased out).  I called Xfinity and spoke to several reps who were super-confused and eventually referred me to Paramount+, then I called them and they confirmed this is a known issue because Xfinity never established a proper provider link with them, thus making it impossible to access their full app services through mobile, online and cable boxes.  Lastly, an Xfinity store rep, who was also stumped by the issue and promised to coordinate with the corporate office, suggested I used the Xfinity Stream app to access Paramount+ with Showtime content.  However, it does NOT include all the content that the app contains, such as Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning.  PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!!!

1 Message

6 months ago

I have experienced the same issue.  I don't understand how Xfinity can charge their customers for a service that doesn't integrate with Paramount+.  At this rate, a refund should be in order by Xfinity for this.  There's no issue with other subscriptions like STARZ or HBO.  They really need to manage this or stop making it available through them.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

Agreed! I just spent time trying to figure this out, though you did MUCH more work than I did! IT would be nice to see things that I pay for.

4 Messages

6 months ago

thank you so much for your post. ive been banging my head up against a wall wondering why there was no login link through xfinity. 

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hello, @user_iy1g4c and all! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! We apologize for the confusion at this time with Paramount Plus with Showtime. As you are aware, Paramount Plus has not been included as a login for the app as of yet. Paramount is working on adding links for TV providers. They have not provided us with an ETA on when it will be added but are aware of the issue.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here