BadR7's profile

Contributor

• 

140 Messages

Wednesday, August 23rd, 2023 8:41 PM

Closed

No Pause Wifi Available on Xfinity App?

I have the ARRIS TG1682G and the Xfinity App on my phone but cannot find the Pause Wifi function.  I wonder if it is because my router is so old?  Or is this only available in certain areas?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @BadR7 thanks for using our Forums to contact our Xfinity Support Team. We are happy to help you try to pause the Wifi through the app, if you do not mind us asking are you trying to do this for a certain device? 

Contributor

• 

140 Messages

1 year ago

The question was clear, I want to pause Wifi, and because I didn't specify a device that would tell you that I want all wifi paused.  It's hard to believe that you are an employee.  Why would I mention the Router if I wanted to pause a device?  I can pause any device I want on the device, you should not be answering questions as an employee.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

My apologies for any confusion here. When it comes to pausing connectivity we have a few of options available. You can pause specific devices on your network, or if you have a profile created for the users in your home you are able to pause an entire profile. Outside of this, you do have the option to set "Active Hours", this will allow your device to pause all devices in your home for a specified amount of time. 

If you wish to learn more about these features, we have a helpful guide here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-manage-profiles, that will go over the different options and how to enable/disable each feature. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

140 Messages

Thanks, but what I want to do is stop the router from broadcasting at all, is that possible?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@BadR7 If you want to hide or disable the Wi-Fi entirely, you should have the option the Xfinity App or within the admin tool. You can find the full steps and instructions here Hide or Disable Your In-Home WiFi Network

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here