C

Saturday, August 19th, 2023 8:18 PM

Closed

New XFI Gateway not showing up in Xfinity app (still shows old gateway as offline)

I'm unable to access the new XFi Gateway through the Xfinity app. The app shows my previous MB8600 is offline even while connected to the new Xfi based WiFi. The 10.0.0.1 admin page when directly connected to the gateway via ethernet cable also does not seem to work. Internet access through the Xfi Gateway appears to be working.

How can I update the Xfinity app to correctly reflect the new Xfi Gateway instead of my old personally owned modem?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for reaching out today. I understand your concern with the app and want to help in any way I can. Have you tried logging out of the app and then logging back in? 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for getting back so quickly. Yes,  I have tried logging out, force closing the app, then reopening and logging back in, but it still seems to show Your home internet is offline on the Overview tab, then it shows Your MB8600 is offline on the WiFi tab.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

You are welcome and thank you for your attention to this. What kind of device are we using currently to use the app? We will make sure we get this all working correctly. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

7 Messages

I'm using the IOS app on an iPhone

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Gotcha @chazprimo and thanks for the response. Please send us a private message so we can work together to get things looking correct on your end. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

7 Messages

FYI, The admin page did finally work at http://10.0.0.1 and I was able to move the Gateway into Bridge mode for use with my Orbi mesh router system. I've noticed the admin pages seem to take a few minutes to properly load (strange...)

The Xfinity app still appears to show Your home internet is offline and Your MB8600 is offline although my internet connection appears to be working fine.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thanks for confirming that for us and for the update. How long ago did you update the equipment on your end? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here