U

Tuesday, February 13th, 2024 1:35 AM

Closed

My app doesn't recognize any of my equipment and as a result I can't see anything to do with my internet any one else have this issue

My app use to work great but now it no longer recognizes any of my equipment. I had a tech out to my house that fixed some internet issues.  Before he came out i was already having these issues with my app.  He spent 2 hours trying to help me get the app working.  Never could fix it.  I have uninstalled the app reinstalled it. Any help???? 

Official Employee

• 

853 Messages

7 months ago

@user_glr5ex We can help you with your app concerns today. Are you receiving an error message of any kind? 

3 Messages

5 months ago

I am having this same problem. It's a big problem as you can imagine. Note that after failure and going to the store twice to get two different new Gateway, and after being on the Xfinity app's Chat function twice with two staffers, who both gave up, finally a store employee was able to add my Gateway to my account, but even though it is working, I'm not happy because I can't use the app to control the Gateway change the SSID and so on.

I have figured out how to get into the Gateway through http://10.0.0.1/ ... which is OK but it doesn't support many things I'd like to do that are supported by the Xfinity app, which isn't connecting.

According to the web interface, Gateway is model CGM4981COM

I made sure to have the latest Xfinity app on my Samsung Android.

So right now if I open the Xfinity app, the first screen as a section at the top

and below that a section labeled

Active your internet equipment

Begin activation

(But please note in my case the store employee actually did connect my modem to the cable so I am actually using it -- but this is also what I saw before doing anything). So now I click Begin activation

So I click Begin Activation and the next screen header is

Set up your Gateway to connect your home

and I click GET STARTED

The next screen:

Use your camera to scacn the QR code .... etc and I click Scan QR Code (white on black)

and the next screen

Sorry, we're having some trouble

We'll have to identify your Gateway another way. Chat with an agent for help

(Sometimes I have been prompted to enter the SC MAC address manually -- same thing, "Sorry, we're having some trouble"

I have spent two approximately 20 to 30 minute sessions with agents who ended up with no helpful solution whatsoever. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Hi there, user_rdd5qi! I am sorry that the Xfinity app has not been working as it should. We are happy to help further with this. I would like to look at your account from here so I can find what is causing this. 

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

I have solved this with the help of an Xfinity chat technician. Although I am quite convinced that I had the latest Xfinity app on my phone, the technician suggested I remove the Xfinity app and re-install. After reinstalling, it recognized the Gateway. So ... all good now. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_rdd5qi,

Thank you for letting us know that you got the issue resolved and how. If you happen to have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to create a new post. Thanks for being a valued part of our community and hope you have a great rest of your day. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here