U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 10th, 2022 2:05 AM

Closed

Modem Activation

Hello. I have recently purchased my modem and I’m currently trying to activate it. Step 1 of the activation process tells me to install the Xfinity app and log in. The problem is, the app won’t allow me to log in. Whenever I try, I’m met with “Sorry, we’re having troubles.” I have exhausted all options. Deleting and reinstalling the app. Trying the app on different phones. Nothing is working. I need to be able to use the app in order to activate my modem in the first place and this is ridiculous. Then customer service isn’t a help, I’m told that my modem is offline. I KNOW that the modem is offline, it isn’t activated in the first place. How can I activate my modem without the app working and or is there an alternate way to get the app to work? 

thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_8b7dac! Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family. Are you still having issues activating your modem?

Contributor

• 

117 Messages

2 years ago

Call the Activation line,,,,,,1-855-652-3446,,,,,,,,INSIST to speak to someone. They will ask you a few account questions and for the MAC number and Model. The app should work after that. It's very stupid to have to use the app if you still wind up calling anyway....someone needs to fix that issue and fast!!

see my post...https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-app/xfinity-app-issuesorry-we-are-having-some-trouble-message/631c97cb48c60d55e604d860

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here