K

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, January 13th, 2023 9:36 AM

Closed

Missing profile for the XFINITY network on iOS

When you install wifi profile on macOS (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wifi-for-mac) you get access to 3 secured networks: xfinity.com, XFINITY and xFi. However, with the Hotspots app on iOS you only get xfinity.com. In my area there are no xfinity.com network but plenty of XFINITY networks. My laptop can connect to them while my iPhone cannot.

Is there a way to add the missing profile?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 year ago

@Kentzo Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forums page. We have looked into this, and we're not seeing that the 'xfinity.com' is available through the app. Since 'XFINITY' is a secured network it may just be a requirement from Apple that while using their device you are only seeing the available secured connection.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

Here is the screenshot from the Hotspots app on iOS. This is the only profile I get, when I click "Update Secure Profile" the app tells me "No Updates Available".

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for sending that. Do you see the networks Xfinity or xfinitywifi when you look in the WiFi connections or do they not show there either?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I see both XFINITY (encrypted) and xfinitywifi (unencrypted). I can connect to xfinitywifi no problem, but attempts to connect to XFINITY require login and password since the profile was not installed by the Hotspots app.

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

@Kentzo please select the XFINITY encrypted hotspot. It will require you to log in with your Comcast username and password. 

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Official Employee

• 

9 Messages

Hi @Kentzo , thank you for posting your question! There is a second profile available on the Hotspots App.

To download this profile make sure that your Hotspots App notifications are enabled and you are within range of an XFINITY hotspot. This profile cannot be downloaded unless you are within range of an XFINITY hotspot. When you are in range, you will see the XFINITY SSID in your network options on your device.

Once you have confirmed you are in range of an XFINITY hotspot and your Hotspots App notifications are enabled, you should receive a notification from the Hotspots App that says "Please tap to install the latest secure profile."

Tap this notification, which will open the Hotspots App. You should then receive an OS prompt from your device that says "Hotspots wants to join WiFi network XFINITY."

Select "Join" and the profile should be downloaded. 

You can also choose to remove the Hotspots App from your device and download the profiles through a web browser by navigating to this link on your mobile phone: https://prov.wifi.connected.xfinity.com/ .

Download the Xfinity App to use the Hotspots Map, where you'll find nearby Xfinity WiFi Hotspots.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

This link appears to be dead. 
https://prov.wifi.connected.xfinity.com/

how can I install secure profiles?  The hotspot app doesn’t do it anymore. 

Official Employee

• 

9 Messages

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

This is what worked for me:

when you try to connect to ssid XFINITY and you are shown a login window, use your Xfinity credentials. 

it looks to me like they no longer use the secure profiles but haven’t updated any documentation. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_1852ab​ No, that's not a bad idea. Use the link above to get the profile.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here