U

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, March 7th, 2023 12:10 AM

Closed

Migration Away From My Xfinity App And To Xfinity App

Today, I received an email from Xfinity, which I’m sure many of you did too. The email explained that next month, the My Xfinity app would be phased out, and the email encouraged you to go ahead and download the Xfinity app, because next month that is where you will be able to do things like view your bill, etc.

So I downloaded the Xfinity app and it seems that right now, it’s only for people who have internet service through Xfinity? As soon as I downloaded the Xfinity app and signed in, it’s asking me to activate my modem. Uh, I don’t have an Xfinity modem to activate because I only have cable service through Xfinity and not internet service.

Are we supposed to assume that before next month, Xfinity will update the Xfinity app so we can see our bill, etc? Since they want to migrate over to that app, I’d at least think they would recognize not everyone has internet service through them.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, it is a one stop shop app! It is not just for internet subscribers but all of our subscribers. We made this move with the thought in mind that our customers should not need multiple apps for one account just becuase they have multiple service so we have simplified things going forward!

Visitor

• 

21 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT​ Thank you. But the problem is that right now your cable-only customers cannot use the app because we cannot get past the screen asking us to activate a modem. So yes, that app was clearly developed with only internet customers in mind. I chatted with an Xfinity agent the other night and they said they are going to submit a ticket so that the app is updated to be made a better experience for cable-only customers.

Official Employee

• 

927 Messages

Thanks for letting us know that you had an agent submit a ticket about this. Since the migration is taking place next month, we still may be working out all the kinks. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here