U

Monday, January 15th, 2024 2:15 AM

Closed

Get a new modem, no Internet connection and the Xfinity app shows the old modem being offline instead of displaying the new modem.

Get a new modem Netgear Nighthawk CM1200. After setting it up, no Internet is coming through. Checking the Xfinity app it seems to think my old modem is offline as opposed to recognizing the new one that I have just set up. Have restart the modem multiple times without success.

Accepted Solution

2 Messages

6 months ago

Called Xfinity and added the devices, then have the virtual assistant set it to the primary modem. It is all fixed now.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

@user_ejgi2r Happy to hear that everything was resolved for you! If you need anything else in the future, please feel free to reach out here on Xfinity Forums, and we would be happy to help! 😀

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

836 Messages

6 months ago

Good Evening @user_ejgi2r  Is this modem still giving you issues? 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here