U

Saturday, September 23rd, 2023 10:15 PM

Closed

Gateway Activation Stalls at mew network name and password

App stalls at entering of new network  name and password. Just says there was a problem. Please try again. Keeps looping same error message.

1 Message

1 year ago

I'm having this problem also

1 Message

1 year ago

I'm here too, any solutions?

1 Message

1 year ago

Adding on that I'm also running into this issue

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@Jakesa If you are still having issues activating your modem send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

1 year ago

same here it's so frustrating 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Ditto. Would appreciate an update if any of you find the solution.

2 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem, not a single response on any thread about this on reddit or here

3 Messages

So I got the problem resolved by speaking to a customer service rep. over the phone who was able to activate it for me. You should be able to speak to one by scheduling a callback: https://www.xfinity.com/support/schedule-callback

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @sjp200, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issues with your gateway activation. Are you getting any error messages or have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

1 year ago

I got the problem resolved by speaking to a customer service rep. over the phone who was able to activate it for me. You should be able to speak to one by scheduling a callback: https://www.xfinity.com/support/schedule-callback

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @user_05e626 and thread! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let us know that the app is not letting the network name and password get processed. We are happy to get to the bottom of this and are the right place for assistance. Are you seeing the 3 dots come up and that doesn't stop or does an error message come up? 

1 Message

Hi, same issue. The top 3 lights stay on, solid, when I get the error message. I get to the Name your Wifi network page and get "There was a problem. Please try again." when I try to assign a name and password. 

I have tried a power cycle, going through the activation process in the app again, it did not solve the issue. 

Edit: pressing the reset button on the back and re-doing activation does not solve the problem. 3 lights still solid.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here