U

Saturday, September 23rd, 2023 6:38 PM

Closed

Downtime doesn't show up

I'm trying to set up Downtime in the Xfinity app but it isn't showing up.  My options for managing a user are limited to Active Time Limit and Parental Controls, but that's not what I want.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Using an Xfinity Gateway - model name CGM4981COM.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @user_5de3c1. You can find some information on setting downtimes for your profiles at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-manage-profiles there are steps listed there to set up downtimes. 

Downtime can be used to set up scheduled pause times for people to block home WiFi access on assigned devices for the duration of the schedule. A person can have up to 30 schedules and are customizable by day, time, and schedule type/name.

To set a Downtime Schedule:

1. From a person's Settings page, select Create Schedule next to Downtime.
  2. Select the type of schedule you wish to set for the person and give that schedule a name.
    • Note: We provide four templates: Anytime, Bedtime, Homework and Dinner.
  3. Select Next to pick which days the schedule should apply.
  4. Pick the start and end times for the schedule and then select Apply.
    • Note: Schedules cannot overlap; there must be one minute between the end of one schedule and the beginning of the next schedule.

2 Messages

This isn't helpful.  Downtime isn't available in anyone's settings page.  All I get is active time control & parental controls.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thank you so much for those details. Here is a detailed link with more information that might help provide more information on managing these settings, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-manage-profiles. What is the device you are attempting to manage?

Apple’s new releases of iOS 15 and macOS Monterey include an internet privacy service called iCloud Private Relay. If this feature is enabled, xFi Parental Controls filtering and Active Time Details won’t work.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

6 months ago

I'm trying to set up a Downtime schedule in the Xfinity app but it isn't showing up. I set one up for my son about a year ago so I know it can be done. However, when I try to set up a new schedule for another user  my options for managing a user are limited to Active Time Limit and Parental Controls, just like the commenter above. I have read this entire thread. iCloud Private Relay on my phone that I am using is NOT enabled however Downtime/Create Schedule are still not choices in the person's Settings page. (Or any other person's Settings pages)

Please help. Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

730 Messages

Hey there, @jlgm8994! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us and sharing all the details of the attempts you did make for scheduling the downtime. We would be happy to dive into troubleshooting with you further. Can you please send us a DM to get started?

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here