U

Saturday, December 23rd, 2023 11:33 AM

Closed

Changed wifi password on Xfinity App and works for all devices but not iPods

Changed wifi password on Xfinity App and works for all devices but not iPods 

As soon as I attempt to connect an iPod all the other devices go down and the iPod does not connect, and my new password no longer works on the devices and found they have reverted back to the old password. 

I resolved this by changing my password back to the original using the Xfinity app, but this means you can't reset your wifi password?

I reset the gateway and rebooted the modem several times called support and they are going to send someone out to run tests but others seem to have indicated this is caused by a bad gateway?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

8 months ago

Hello, @user_hpfk91

Account security is a top priority at Comcast, and you play a vital role in keeping our customers and company safe. We recommend that our customers reset or change their passwords regularly and take other steps to protect their information. When attempting to change the password were you assigning separate WiFi network names and passwords for your 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi networks? Pods require that each of your network names and passwords be the same so that all of your devices can seamlessly connect to the network that will provide the best connection. 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Replaced my modem and this solved the problem! 

Official Employee

• 

897 Messages

@user_hpfk91 I am glad to hear that a swap of the modem worked for you in this instance. Thanks for letting us know! If you need any further assistance, please do post again. Take care!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here