U

Thursday, July 18th, 2024 2:39 AM

Can’t sign into app

I downloaded the app and tried to sign in but keep getting the “Sorry, that didn’t go as planned” message. I made sure safari doesn’t block cookies, cleared website data, and re-installed the app. Nothing has worked.

I’ve had this problem for about a month now and nothing has changed. Even with the newer app updates. Any suggestions?

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

3 months ago

Try clearing Safari's cache and cookies. Good luck!

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

3 months ago

Hey there,

user_lp3hk6, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issues with the app! We definitely want to get your app up and running as the app is my favorite way to manage my account as it is so convenient! Is our website working for you and is the issue just with the app? Have you ensured that your device itself is up to date? What type of device are you using for the app?

2 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​ Hi! I’m using an iPhone 14 Pro, and I am running the latest software available (iOS 17.5.1). I am able to sign in on the xfinity.com website, but it is saying I am not the primary user (I tried to access billing and it says I cannot see my own bill)

Official Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

@user_lp3hk6 Thank you for clarifying all of that information for us. I'd like to look into a few things on our end since you are saying you are able to sign in on the website, but it's stating you aren't a primary user. Please send us a DM to Xfinity support with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here