U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 9th, 2023 5:13 AM

Closed

Can’t pause any device

Every time I attempt to pause a device it says “x couldn’t be paused. Try again later.” This has been going on for 4 days.

on another note. I opted out of the hotspot program, but random people are still able to connect. I have a strong password in place and my wifi name is hidden. How do I stop this?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for reaching out @user_98507d You shouldn't have device and people you do not know about on your network. I would suggest trying a factory reset, then setting up a new network and password. I would also suggest to report this to our Customer Security Assurance. You can contact them calling CSA directly at Toll-Free Number: 1-888-565-4329.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Good Guesses!

Your statement of the obvious, "... device and people you do not know about on your network." is truly unhelpful! 

What if your suggested User Actions were already performed (except the usually frustratingly futile call to CSA) and the issue reappears? 

I am guessing that the User would have to do a forensic trace to determine the culprit(s), 

if the User has that Technical skillset, or find a well-skilled tech to do it for them. 

I wonder if some expert hacker has defeated Concast/xfinity Modem Security? 

Another possibility that I can envision is a hack allowing

compromised access to the User's Device(s) to determine their SSID and Passcode(s). 

Which is more likely?

Probably, unfortunately, the average User has a less robust level of

Device Security and knowledge about Cybersecurity than Concast/xfinity. 

But yet I wonder ... .

(edited)

1 Message

10 months ago

This is ridiculous pay so much money for this freaking service I was able to pause earlier this morning and now I'm unable to pause any channel what the hell is going on?

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here