U

Thursday, October 26th, 2023 11:54 PM

Closed

App Does Not Work

The Xfinity Home app stopped working fir me about a month ago,  customer service told me they were moving it to the "Purple" Xfinity app. Okay, fine. Well now, the "purple" app no longer works. I have cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled. It just goes to the sign in page and just "spins" never connecting. Customer service over phone is ZERO support as they are reading off a screen to troubleshoot. Really frustrated with Xfinity as I can no longer check the internet or our security.

It works fine on my wife's iPhone but not on my Galaxy S23 Ultra.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 months ago

Hello @user_ap1qgr, thanks for reaching out for help with your Xifnity App. 

By chance have to check to make sure your phone's firmware is update? I have the S22 Ultra and my Xfinity app also stopped working, but after I did my phone's software update it started working again.

3 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ HI. It is the current version as of October 22nd.

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Thank you for a update on this @user_ap1qgr! I was looking over a list of known issues we have, and I did find one that may be linked to what you are experiencing. We have received some reports of users on Android being unable to properly load the app and getting a white screen if the default web browser on your device is not Google Chrome. While this is slightly different from what you described, can you try setting your default browser to Google Chrome to see if this helps?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

This worked. Dislike I has to add Google but thanks for the help.

Please fix so those of us that don't like using Google can access easier.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here