U

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Sunday, April 16th, 2023 10:22 PM

Closed

Advanced security on the go won’t enable

Hello,

I cannot get the “advanced security on the go” feature to enable through the Xfinity app. I keep getting the following message: “Advanced security on the go wasn’t setup correctly”.
I have connected with chat support multiple times, and each time they refer me to the following article, but I cannot get past step 4 for IOS devices:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/internet/answered-what-is-advanced-security-on-the-go/623228e6c0176926fec54995

Additionally, I was able to get through phone support and they told me it’s an issue with iPhone and to contact Apple support. I don’t understand this. I installed the app on my wife’s phone and logged into my account and she is getting the same error message when trying to enable advanced security on the go. 

I am a new customer to Xfinity and I am not liking that I am not getting any help and I keep getting the runaround when speaking with tech support. 

iPhone SE

IOS 16.3.1

Please advice!

Sincerely,

A frustrated customer 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

here are the images:

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hi, @user_810c45 Thank you for reaching out. I hope you are doing well besides this current hiccup. I can see this has been frustrating, but I'll do everything I can to help. The Advance Security on the go feature is awesome to have for peace of mind, and it is available to all xFi Complete customers. I understand you are using a compatible device with the updated software (IOS 16.3.1) that should work as listed in the post you linked above. 

Have you made sure that Advanced Security is enabled on your home network as well? To confirm, when you get to step 4 (Xfinity App > Security > Advanced Security,) does it give you the option to select "I Agree" or does it not let you access this portion? If it does and you can select "I Agree," does it prompt you to do anything next or does it simply stop there? 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

Yes, advanced security is enabled. Please see the following image for your reference.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Looks like you should be all good @user_810c45. I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here