U

Sunday, March 10th, 2024 8:49 PM

Closed

Advanced Security on the Go not available in Xfinity App even with Advanced Security feature enabled in App and XB8 gateway

We recently switched from using our own cable modem and router to Xfinity's XB8 Gateway. Our service seems to be running fine and we now have unlimited data and access to Xfi Complete services at home. 

As part of our new set up, we turned on "Advanced Security" in the Xfinity App and our XB8 gateway and home network seems to be secure with this feature now on in the app. 

However, from the information on the Xfinity Site, and the forums, when turning this feature on, an additional mobile sub-feature should become available called "Advanced Security on the Go" in the Xfinity App. Unfortunately, for us, this mobile VPN feature/option seems to be missing from the Advanced Security Tab in our Xfinity App. 

We have tried:

• turning Advanced Security on and off in the Xfinity App
  • closing and restarting the app
  • Restarting the Gateway
  • Visiting our local Xfinity Store
  • Speaking with several technicians that happened to be at our house.
  • (to note) we do not have any other VPN's installed on our devices

Our mobile phones are:  Xfinity Mobile iphone SE's (2020) running the latest iOS 17.4

Despite our best efforts, this "Advanced Security on the Go" feature seems to be missing in the app. So, we are never able to follow the instructions noted at Xfinity for installing the associated Xfinity VPN on our phones for use when using hotspots outside our home. 

We understand that this is above and beyond the auto connect feature to Xfinity's Secure and Open Wifi networks. But when speaking with everyone so far with Xfinity they seem completely unaware of "Advanced Security on the Go", despite the online documentation. Often they state that we are actually asking about the mobile Xfinity hotspot access features - but we keep pointing to the documentation and correct them stating we are really trying to see if this Xfinity VPN feature is still available as part of Xfi Complete as documented.

We'd like to know if this additional feature "Advanced Security on the GO" is still available to Xfi Complete customers with XB8 gateways and our iphones as described when "Advanced Security" is enabled. 

If it is still available, we'd love help in determining why the feature seems to be missing in our Xfinity app and how we can activate it to take advantage of it. 

If it is no longer available, then Xfinity should probably update their documentation online.

This article references this mobile "Advanced Security on the Go" feature: Xfinity xFi Complete – FAQs - Xfinity Support

Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

880 Messages

6 months ago

user_nx9fhe Hello! Thank you for your super detailed post. That helps a ton! Advanced Security on the Go is one of our newer features and is pretty sweet if you ask me. Let's get it working for you. Can you check to make sure your Xfinity App is on the latest update? If it already is, can you try deleting the app and reinstalling it?

Also, make sure you are logging in with a Primary or Manager Xfinity ID. Members and Views cannot make changes to Advanced Security features.

6 Messages

Hello XfinityTony!

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for my delay in responding been under the weather.

Per your instructions I tried the following today:

• I checked the app on my phone and then the Apple App store and there was an updated version released today March 14, 2024, ver 5.20.0, so I updated the app. Result: Advanced Security on the Go still not available in app.
  • Then I deleted the Xfinity App, restarted the phone, Re-downloaded the app and logged in using the primary account ID. Result: Same as above.

Let me know any next steps, thanks in advance!

Official Employee

• 

880 Messages

@user_nx9fhe It looks like we are going to have to open a ticket to get this fixed. Can you send a DM to Xfinity Support so we can get started? See you there!

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

Thank you XfinityTony, I've sent the DM as instructed. Thanks in advance!

2 Messages

I am running into the same issue. Please assist.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, kurt95! Is your app also up to date?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

880 Messages

5 months ago

@user_nx9fhe 
Hello! It has been a while since we have heard from you. We are escalating your case and have some other potential fixes to try. Please, send us a DM so we can provide more details. Thank you!

6 Messages

Hi, I just sent the DM to follow up on what you found

6 Messages

@XfinityTony​ Hi, could you please circle the wagons with the support team in the DM. A Ticket number was created after this original post relating to a conversation there on March 19, 2024. In the DM today they are saying this ticket is closed and seems like they are starting over from scratch - nothing escalated or resolved. I re-shared my contact information there.

As I indicated today in the DM, while the phone OS is running the latest version, and the Xfinity App is the latest version, the "Advanced Security On The Go" option still is not appearing or available in the app. Again, any help is appreciated even if it is to say this feature no longer is available. Screen shot from the menu where this option/feature is missing attached.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Hello. I am having the same issue. Was this resolved?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out @GHOST_JR Have you reviewed the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-advantage-faqs ? 

To enable it:

1. Open the Xfinity app.
  2. Go to the Security tab.
  3. Tap Advanced Security.
  4. From the Advanced Security on the go page, select “I Agree."
  5. The first time it’s enabled on a device, the app will walk you through installing the Xfinity VPN.

If you’re using an Android, you also need to allow the Xfinity app to have location permissions to detect network changes and automatically enable the VPN. Your location is never collected, used or shared by Comcast.

You can confirm Advanced Security on the go is working by looking for the VPN icon to appear on your mobile device’s screen when you’re connected to any network outside of your home network. On iOS devices, you’ll see the letters “VPN” on the screen, and for Android devices a “key” symbol will appear on the screen; this means the feature is enabled.

As your device connects to different out-of-home networks, you’ll be protected against risky websites. As you connect to unsecured WiFi networks, a secure and encrypted connection will be established to protect your data and device.

If you don’t see the VPN icon appear, you might not be connected to the Internet. In that case, we’ll turn the feature off and turn it back on again when you reconnect

1 Message

@GHOST_JR​ 

i think it’s an ongoing issue and they are phasing it out. 

I’ve done everything to troubleshoot this issue and everything above. I’ve talked to a represented who stated they didn’t even offer a vpn. She didn’t know what she was talking about then backtracked. So i believe until they fix it or get rid of it, if you don’t have it on a device already, you won’t have it. And deleting the app deletes the vpn as well which happened to me this morning and there’s no way to redownload it as of now. Which is complete and utter shite

1 Message

I am still having the problem as well

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here