U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 3rd, 2023 3:14 PM

Closed

Active Screen time and pausing no longer working!

I have been using the xfinity app for a couple of years now with no issue. All of a sudden, I am not getting any active time information and pausing devices at the active time limit doesn't seem to be working anymore. We rely heavily on this feature to monitor our kids screen time. Please help!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same here. 

I've tried everything I can think of 

From removing and readding the app , devices, profiles, cycling the active screen time in and off. 

Restarted the gateway. 

None have worked. In resolving the issue. 

@comcast is this being resolved?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here. Active time not showing. Comcast please fix this. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

It appears todays active screen time is showing up for yesterday. It’s a day behind. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I just noticed the same is showing on my app. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello @user_4dd678, and thank you for sharing your experience and the steps you've tried to resolve this. I was able to confirm our Advanced Techs are aware of an issue with pausing/unpausing devices using the Xfi App. There is no known workaround at this time, however, they are actively working to get this resolved as soon as possible. I'd be happy to create a support ticket and link your account to this issue with other affected users. Please send a direct message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hi @user_7bafd5 Sorry to hear your active time alerts are a day behind. Lets see what we can do to help! Can you please DM me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
To send a direct message [private message]:
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message
Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This has been going on for us for about a week now. @Xfinity Support can this be resolved?

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

2 years ago

@user_e1aa4d Hello and good morning, and thank you for reaching out here over our Xfinity community forums. I am so sorry to hear about these parental controls issues that you have been experiencing, that would be really frustrating. You have reached the right place, and we would be more than happy to assist you in getting to the bottom of this once and for all. I would like to start by taking a closer look at your account and services on this end. To continue, please send us a private message with your first and last name and service address by following the steps below:

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See  https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I was able to call tech support. They ran a few tests and made some changes(not totally clear on what it was). After my gateway restarted, everything is working as it is supposed to.

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@user_e1aa4d Hello and good afternoon, and thank you for reaching back out to provide us with that update. That is so wonderful to hear that you were able to get assistance from one of our incredible Xfinity customer service representatives over the phone, and they were able to get your Xfinity services running smoothly and reliably again, as they should be. As always, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us here anytime in the future with any other questions or concerns you may have. We are here 24/7 and always more than happy to help a valued member of our Xfinity family. I hope you have a wonderful rest of your Monday and week, and we look forward to speaking with you again next time! -Christopher

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have done all the above and nothing is working.  This just happened after we just updated our modem.  We rely on this to monitor our children.  I can't even direct message so that page is removed.  When I called the two people said they would have to send a tech person out to our house....that makes no sense.  @Xfinity Support can this be resolved?   I would really like answers not we are going to send a tech person out who came out and told us nothing was wrong with our equipment.....equipment may be fine but we have added profiles to put a time limit on our children's screen time to be told they haven't even been online when we know that is NOT accurate...Please help!

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@Schweetyrose I would like to take a closer look at your account and gather more information about your network. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here