Arius1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Monday, January 30th, 2023 3:21 PM

Closed

YouTube TV vs Xfinity X1

Hello looking for anyone that has moved from Xfinity to YouTube TV and thoughts?  I only use the xfinity stream app on my TVs vs boxes.  Clairity looks far better with YTTV compared to Xfinity Stream app.

Looks like we might lose some channels but could get them another way.

Problem Solver

• 

833 Messages

2 years ago

I tried to switch to YouTube TV and recently tried again because I can't fix my sound issues on Xfinity. You will definitely lose channels if you have anything with Comcast above basic. Most notably, I lost my Regional Sports Network, Science Channel, and History Channel. The picture quality seems better on YTTV vs. Xfinity. I believe YouTube delivers true 1080p HD while everything on Comcast is usually 720P.  Also, YouTubeTv has a 4k package for $19.99 that gets you broadcast 4K during sporting events. 

The DVR on YouTubeTV is confusing, but unlimited. It records EVERYTHING you add to your library regardless of if it is new or not. That makes it confusing to see what you have and have not yet watched. Also, recordings delete after 9 months. 

I suggest you look at DirectTV Stream if you want a Xfinity like experience with no channel loss. They have all the same channels and a more traditional cable experience via  Streaming. They also offer channel numbers if you get their streaming box, which is something Xfinity Stream does not offer. 

If XFINITY wasn't plagued with so many technical issues due to the complexity of the cable network than I would say there is nothing better.  

(edited)

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@Tek​ Thanks for that feedback.  I was looking at DTV but it looks like it requires a box per TV you can't go app only, correct?

Problem Solver

• 

833 Messages

@Arius1​ No. They have an app and does not require a box. The experience is better with the box, but certain platforms have an app. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here