varlene's profile

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2024 6:43 PM

XRE-03062 - puzzling problem

An x1 update about a week ago forced our cable box to start up on the Bally Sports Channel with a message stating that it was no longer available due to a foreclosure, but it was impossible to change the channel without the XRE-03062 message popping up and then resetting to the Bally channel after a time out. Some restarts by phone or through the xfinity assistant or x1 box settings worked to bring normal functions back, some didn't, but all were short-lived, no permanent fix.

For the past several days, the only channels that work are 1873, 1874, and 1875 (all MGM+) and while they have been showing lovely old movies, we pay too much money to Comcast to be getting only three channels. There is no access to channels in the lower range for news or network programming and attempts to change to one of those channels generates the XRE- error message which times out and then reverts back to MGM+.

The interesting thing is that preset scheduled recordings in the lower, mostly 300-400 range, are still working and can be viewed and are in excellent quality but can't be watched live because the box will not tune to those channels. The only resolution provided to us after seven days of restarts, chats, and calls is that a technician will come here on Monday, but I cannot imagine how a tech will be able to help.

Last weekend's software update made other unwanted changes. Our TV is set up to turn on every morning as our alarm, so we keep our cable box on at all times, but now when we turn off the TV, it turns off the main cable box as well all televisions in other rooms that have the remote xfinity boxes attached to them, even if xfinity is not being used. The update also reset the screen saver setting, which we had turned off because if the TV starts up with a screen saver and no sound, the TV isn’t a very good alarm for us.

For the amount of money we pay to Comcast each month, we should be able to watch more than three channels, channels in such a high range that I never even knew existed until this week.

The most troubling part is that from Comcast's vantage point, everything looks good to them, even though it is not. 

I am seeking advice. Has anyone seen this before? Might a new x1 box help? Is there a fix?

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

12 days ago

Miraculously, my problem has resolved itself, at least for now.

Contributor

• 

39 Messages

Problem was back yesterday but Comcast canceled my appointment because apparently everything looks great from their end. I thought a tech would be showing up in an hour or so, and now it isn't going to happen, beyond frustrating.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 days ago

I've been getting the same error.  It seems to resolve itself.  The odd part is, when I go to the 1400s those channels seem to work.  Also, my work around is using the Stream app on my Fire TV stick, the local channels don't work either at the same time. Not sure why. 

Official Employee

• 

968 Messages

Hello @Harrison216, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the channels, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here