geminismile's profile

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, December 1st, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

XRE 10007 Error on companion box

I recently upgraded a few boxes in my house. 

Swapping out the DVR (Xg1-P) for the Xi6-T since we have a 4K TV.

Swapped an old DTA box for a wireless Xi5-P.

and kept my Xi3-P in the bedroom.

Ever since setting up the 2 new boxes, the Xi3-P in the bedroom won't connect. It just keeps saying "caught us in the middle of an update" with the error code XRE-10007 and asks if I want to reboot all the boxes in the house. I have cycled through this numerous times and nothing.

I spoke with someone at Comcast before ordering the new Xi6-T box and was told the Xi3-P will still work without the bulky Xg1 to piggyback off of. Well as suspected, it doesn't!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@geminismile wrote:

I recently upgraded a few boxes in my house. 

Swapping out the DVR (Xg1-P) for the Xi6-T since we have a 4K TV.

Swapped an old DTA box for a wireless Xi5-P.

and kept my Xi3-P in the bedroom.

Ever since setting up the 2 new boxes, the Xi3-P in the bedroom won't connect. It just keeps saying "caught us in the middle of an update" with the error code XRE-10007 and asks if I want to reboot all the boxes in the house. I have cycled through this numerous times and nothing.

I spoke with someone at Comcast before ordering the new Xi6-T box and was told the Xi3-P will still work without the bulky Xg1 to piggyback off of. Well as suspected, it doesn't!

the xi3/5/6 all borrow tuners from the DVR (reducing the number available to record locally). replace the xi3 with an xg2 and it will loan out the tuners instead leaving all 6 tuners available to the DVR for recordings and watching live TV. 

Problem Solver

• 

788 Messages

4 years ago

Hello geminismile, thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us regarding your X1 connection issues. I very much appreciate your patience and greatly apologize for the delay in our response. I know how important the services are to your home and we want to do all that we can to assist. I love my 4k devices and don't know what I did without them previously. I am truly sorry to hear that you are having connection issues with the older Xi3. I would love to get to the bottom of the connection issues. Can you please reach out through private message with your first and last name, name on the account if different, service address and account number? If you’re having trouble locating this information, you can also reference our world-class MyAccount app to view all of your account details by the simple touch of your fingertips! Please follow the process here to learn how to obtain that information: comca.st/30x1qW2.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I am about to lose my mind! The “new” box they sent me is a box I haven’t seen in years! I have the X1 platform & they sent me a box with the old blue guide! It’s no use to me! I don’t understand why this is so difficult! I have spoken to so many reps and been sent box after box.. why on earth would they send me an RNG-150N box this time?!?

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I don’t have an XG-1 any longer that is the box that I wanted to upgrade to start all of this. It’s on the way back to Comcast. I needed something smaller and compact so I was sent the Xi 5 and xi 6 because they told me to go wireless in the other room.

Contributor

• 

350 Messages

4 years ago

Hi there! I truly apologize for the dealy. Are you still having the XRE 10007 error? Please try these steps listed below. The XRE-10007 error is a tuning error caused by a MoCA communication failure. The most common fix to this issue is perform a whole home reset in order to correct the Network Controller. Please follow the steps exactly as listed. 

1. Unplug the XG1/2 from power and leave it unplugged.

2. Unplug each of the XiD/Xi3s from power and leave them unplugged.

3. Plug the XG1/2 back into power and ensure customer has live picture.

4. Plug in each of the XiD/Xi3s and retest.

I will also look into the cable box that was sent to you and see why you are still having the old guide. 

Contributor

• 

350 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for sharing this information. It's still going to be a very easy troubleshooting step. If you currently replaced the XG1 with another cable box in its place, you would just complete the same action with this piece of equipment. Just to verify, is the RNG - 150N giving you any issues rather than the old blue guide? If this is not the cable box you are supposed to have, our warehouse might have sent you the incorrect box by mistake. This is an easy fix, as we can get another one to you right away. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

I understand your concerns. Sometimes we do see this mistake made from the warehouse. We'd be happy to ship the correct box, or if it's more convenient for you, you can also stop by your local service center. To save some time, I recommend scheduling an appointment. Here's a list of the boxes we have. You can use it to compare the differences. If you'd like us to ship it, please send a private message including your first and last name and the numbers associated with your service address. To send me a private message, click on "ComcastChe," and then click send a message. 

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

4 years ago

I am not sure why I was send the xi 6 to replace the x1 DVR box to begin with. I live in a fairly remote woodsy area and this wireless box keeps freezing and losing sound intermittently. I think I need a box that has a cable in port as my main box. Is that what the XG1v4 is? Maybe I just need to go to a Comcast branch to explain what I need?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I found the procedure outlined here invaluable.

My XRE 10007 story is similar to many others on the forum.  Long story short, I had a working Pace PX022ANx in LR and a working Pace PXD01ANI in Master.  Wanted to add Pace PXD01ANI in Guest and went down the XRE 10007 Rabbit Hole with many hours of customer support; swapped out cabless and box but no change  with On Demand working and Wifi via Smart TV.

Looked at many XRE 10007 posts for suggestions/hints and found the procedure, but it did not work.

Moved box to Master and it worked, based on several other posts about MoCA figured it was time to look at the cabling etc.  In Guest wall jack and found a BroadCom splitter on main feed INto condo and one drop OUT to room and another OUT cable that tuirned out to be feeding the other drops.  Swapped that BSP102D splitter out with new one from Xfinity and no change, even with procedure.  

Then found True Spec splitter 5-500Mhz in wall jack shared by LR and Master with its IN fed by OUT of Guest splitter and OUTs to each box.  Replaced that splitter with the BroadCom 5-1000 Mhz and then followed the procedure again.  All TVs now work and can see MoCA stuff on Tech Diag screen using EXIT, DWN ARROW, DWN ARROW, 2

Keeping fingers crossed - guess that didn't work as the error is back

Tried procedure and no good starting with LR then MASTER.

Disconnected Guest and Master freezes etc. and started getting RDK 03033 message, but now STB does not even respond to remote with OR without voice

Got back on the phone. with customer service, who noted all the issues in their call log and stated a free technician visit will be made available.  Was also promised a phone call as follow up at start of their shift today..  Even then had to go through the  'we will text you after our system checks/resolves the issue.  Of course the issue still existed and I replied N,but as of yet have not called the number in the TXT - they used to call us but now we have to call them.  I am trying to decide what to do

Woke up and in wall box for LR/MASTER relaced the jumper to MASTER wall jack from the BSP102D splitter with a new cable from Xfinity. Tried the procedure once more......not working and now got additional unable to connect to INTERNET messages.  The MoCA diagnostic screen on LR shows some numbers sometimes and then zeros on the MoCA mesh as the pixellation, freezing and no internet mesages came up.

Gave up on MASTER and tried procedure for GUEST but leaviing main box off for longer and GUEST came up.  Took pictures on LR and GUEST TVs of MoCA and other screens from Technician Diagnostics.  Feeling unhopeful moved on to MASTER and than also came up now.  Again took pictures of the MoCA Technician Daig information like MoCA mesh transmission rates and MoCA node numbers.

WHAT IS THE REAL UNDERLYING ISSUE?

Is it a service level problem - into condo RX,TX, SNR, dBA?  Is it an internal cable, connector issue to be fixed in a technician visit?  Is it still a MoCA issue, as even the Xfinity splitters are not indicated for up to 2Ghz (the MoCA diagnostics show  1150/1175  as the channel)?

Do I scheddule my no-charge technician visit now?  Do I wait until it happens again?  Do I replace the 3 splitters (GUEST to wall jack and feed to LR/MASTER; LR/MASTER to wall jacks and LR for Cable Modem/STB? or should Xfinity do that?  In a technician visit what else should I have them do?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@doubledeetob wrote:

I found the procedure outlined here invaluable.

My XRE 10007 story is similar to many others on the forum.  Long story short, I had a working Pace PX022ANx in LR and a working Pace PXD01ANI in Master.  Wanted to add Pace PXD01ANI in Guest and went down the XRE 10007 Rabbit Hole with many hours of customer support; swapped out cabless and box but no change  with On Demand working and Wifi via Smart TV.

Looked at many XRE 10007 posts for suggestions/hints and found the procedure, but it did not work.

Moved box to Master and it worked, based on several other posts about MoCA figured it was time to look at the cabling etc.  In Guest wall jack and found a BroadCom splitter on main feed INto condo and one drop OUT to room and another OUT cable that tuirned out to be feeding the other drops.  Swapped that BSP102D splitter out with new one from Xfinity and no change, even with procedure.  

Then found True Spec splitter 5-500Mhz in wall jack shared by LR and Master with its IN fed by OUT of Guest splitter and OUTs to each box.  Replaced that splitter with the BroadCom 5-1000 Mhz and then followed the procedure again.  All TVs now work and can see MoCA stuff on Tech Diag screen using EXIT, DWN ARROW, DWN ARROW, 2

Keeping fingers crossed - guess that didn't work as the error is back

Tried procedure and no good.

Disconnected Guest and Master freezes etc. and started getting RDK 03033 message, but now STB does not even respond to remote with OR without voice

Guess I will be back on the phone in a.m. with customer service and try to schedule a technician visit to check levels, noise etc. ASAP

glad you got that low range splitter out. Normally the cable type splitters go to 1002 mhz (highest part is for MoCA).  the 03033 means the connection to the server can't be found. recheck the label on that set top box to be sure it is the one 'in from cable' and not  connected to 'out to TV' (normally no connection since HDMI is used. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here