U

Friday, July 26th, 2024 9:06 PM

Closed

xr15v2 remote - tv input button problem when also adding Onkyo receiver

Hi there- just got a new cheap 55" Insignia fire tv and a new Xi6 4k cable box installed. Here's the problem: If I PRESS A and go to REMOTE SETUP it finds an Insignia fire tv which is nice, and the volume works on the tv, however, the TV INPUT BUTTON DOES NOT WORK (this is not good!) so, i CLICKED "iT DOESN'T WORK and got to a tv name list which does NOT include Insignia but has an "888" as a name for a tv brand, I selected that and got an Insignia code from Insignia help and did the procedure and entered the code 12049 then tried the volume (which worked)  and hit the TV INPUT BUUTON and it showed the INPUT list which is exactly what I wanted, so i wouldn't need the TV remote to switch inputs. However, then it goes to adding audio receiver which I use (ONKYO) and it is on the list presented, which I select and now I can control my Onkyo with the remote, NOW I think I got it. However, when completed, the TV on/off works, and the ONKYO volume works, BUT NOW, When i press the TV INPUT BUTTON, it takes me back to "set up remote pairing" dialog, THUS, I LOST the TV input button function WHEN i ADDED THE RECEIVER!  iF i GO THRU THE SETUP AGAIN (using "888" and the 12049 code again, AND DON'T SET UP THE ONKYO, the TV input button works fine again. 

BUT, I do need my ONkyo and have no need for TV Volume. Therefore, long story short, the question is: Can I add the ONkyo receiver independently, WITH A CODE OR SOME OTHER METHOD, bypassing the remote setup dialog, so that I can keep the TV Input button working! So, it appears that when using the receiver volume, you lose the TV volume AND the TV INput function, which is MAYBE A FLAW IN THE LOGIC of Xfinity's remote setup process.

SO, CAN ANYONE SOLVED THIS PROBLEM FOR ME?? We all know the using multiple remotes if not fun

thank-You all

tom

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

3 months ago

user_7m5gcs Hello, are you still having issues with your remote?

2 Messages

II'll just use 2 remotes

thanks

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here