2xfinAndBeyond's profile

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, January 8th, 2020 5:00 PM

Closed

XR15 Remotes Won't Pair With 2nd and 3rd Boxes

I have 3 boxes (1 main one and 2 secondary boxes). I have 3 remotes (all XR15). When I try to pair any of the 3 remotes with the 2nd or 3rd box the 3 digit code only shows up on the main box. My TVs are on opposite ends of the house and on another floor so they are not close to each other. 

I have reset them about 5 times now and the code keeps showing up on the main box. I can pair all 3 remotes with the main box, but none with the 2nd or 3rd box. I have also held the remotes right next to the 2nd and 3rd box but same thing happens.

Can someone please help?

I called customer support and they had no idea how to resolve.

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Just want to add an update to this. It must have been a bug or software issue. I tried doing it again today and it worked just fine. So if this happens to anyone else, wait a few days and try again, it might start working for you.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@2xfinAndBeyond wrote:

I have 3 boxes (1 main one and 2 secondary boxes). I have 3 remotes (all XR15). When I try to pair any of the 3 remotes with the 2nd or 3rd box the 3 digit code only shows up on the main box. My TVs are on opposite ends of the house and on another floor so they are not close to each other. 

I have reset them about 5 times now and the code keeps showing up on the main box. I can pair all 3 remotes with the main box, but none with the 2nd or 3rd box. I have also held the remotes right next to the 2nd and 3rd box but same thing happens.

Can someone please help?

I called customer support and they had no idea how to resolve.

what is the model number of the two set top boxes that won't pair via rf?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@2xfinAndBeyond wrote:

They are both Pace PXD01ANI

pick one of the remotes. press and hold the A and D buttons at the same time until the remote changes color and type 9 8 1  -- the LED should flash. then do as you did before pressing the xfinity button and info button until the LED changes color. working?

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, that will work. However, if I try to pair it to use Voice commands the 3 digit code only shows up on the main box.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

They are both Pace PXD01ANI

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@2xfinAndBeyond wrote:

Yes, that will work. However, if I try to pair it to use Voice commands the 3 digit code only shows up on the main box.

did you try getting very close to the set top box you want to pair? 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@2xfinAndBeyond wrote:

Yes, several times, with different angles. Code still shows on main box.

I'm wondering if there is some bug with Xfinity software for their secondary boxes?

no it works normally. the xr15 sends out an rf signal on 'zigbee' network. zigbee enabled boxes respond each with its own 3 numbers. you pair the one you want (normally). maybe the xid is bad?

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, several times, with different angles. Code still shows on main box.

I'm wondering if there is some bug with Xfinity software for their secondary boxes?

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

What is the xid?

The 3 remotes work on the main box and can pair with it.

My 2 secondary boxes won't pair and the 3 digit code shows up on the main box...it's bizarre.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

That would mean both of my secondary boxes are bad. They must be communicating with the main box since the 3 digit code keeps showing up on the DVR box.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here