waverunner199's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Oct 5, 2021 12:11 AM

Xr15 remote issue

After programming remote to TCL television and then to Visio sound bar the remote will not power on television only the sound bar. Menu button seems to be only thing that works from remote for television. Sound bar volume and power works properly. 

XfinityGina

Official Employee

• 

357 Messages

2 m ago

@waverunner199 Uh oh! I know it's very frustrating when the remote won't work!

It sounds like you have already attempted to pair the XR15 remote based on these instructions, correct? Are there fresh batteries in the remote? If you need it in the meantime, we also offer a real handy TV Remote app, so you aren't stuck without while we work on getting this figured out :) 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 m ago

I also have this same problem.  I can program the XR15-UQ remote to the TCL-Roku TV (Model: 55P605-B) and it works fine.  I can then program the remote to the Vizio sound bar (model S3820w-C0), which also works fine.  However, the remote no longer turns the TV on or off (power button on remote turns off the sound bar, but not the TV). I have looked at numerous posting and online forums.  I see this problem frequently, but no solution.  HELP xfinity!

Official Employee

• 

2.9K Messages

Hi everyone! Our recommendation in an event like this is to continue running through some of the additional pairing codes for your TCL TV, and eventually one of them should be the one that allows you to have the complete functionality that you're looking for. Let us know if for some reason you continue running into problems, we're here to help!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

OK.  I will try the additional codes.  How do I program using the codes without going through settings, which will delete  the sound bar pairing?  I need to pair the remote to the TV without losing the functionality of the remote with the sound bar.  

Official Employee

• 

216 Messages

@TygeRugenstein

Just checking in. Were you able to pair your remote to both your TV set and audio bar? You can also pair the remote via voice (if you have the voice remote) instead of going through settings. Here are three ways you can pair your remote:

• Press and hold the Microphone (Voice) button and say, "Program remote."
  • You can also get there by going to the Settings page, selecting Remote Settings and then Voice remote pairing.
  • Or you can use our online Remote Code Lookup tool or the Xfinity My Account app.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

No.  I’m still having the same problem.  I can program the TCL-Roku TV with no problem.  However, when I continue and program the VIZIO soundbar the remote will not turn off or on the TV with the remote.  Once the soundbar is programmed, the power button only works with the soundbar.  Very frustrating.  

Official Employee

• 

241 Messages

Did you go through all of the possible codes for you device?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

Any solution to this issue?

Official Employee

• 

404 Messages

@Hayes2005c Hi there! Check out what my coworker Morgan mentioned above. Let us know how it goes. 

New to the Community?

Start Here