H

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, November 28th, 2022 10:16 PM

Closed

XR15 remote code for 2022 TCL 65R655 TV

Would anyone know the Xfinity XR15 remote control code that works with the newest (2022) TCL TV 65R655? I am using 11756 but only Mute and VOL up works. Power and VOL down do not work. I have tried using Xfinity's built in search process with no luck.

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @Hockey_Blood, thanks for reaching out for help on our forums! Here are some helpful instructions to try programming your XR15 remote to your TCL TV: 

Need to pair your remote? Point the remote at your TV Box and press the voice button to get started. Refer to the instructions below if you don't see anything on-screen.

Pair the XR15 Remote to Control an Xfinity X1 TV Box:

Make sure the remote batteries (AA) are installed and your TV and Xfinity X1 TV Box are powered on. Also, set the TV input to correspond with your Xfinity X1 TV Box.

1. Press and hold the Xfinity and Info(i) buttons together for five seconds. Wait for the remote light to change from red to green.
  2. Follow the instructions by entering the three-digit, on-screen pairing code.
  3. Once your remote is paired, follow the on-screen instructions to set up power, volume and input control for your TV.

Pair the XR15 Remote to Control a TV:

This will allow you to control your television's power, volume and input from the XR15 remote.

1. While the TV is on, press and hold the Xfinity and Mute buttons together for five seconds until the remote light at the top changes from red to green.
  2. Enter the first five-digit code listed for the TV manufacturer.

Most likely code: 12434

Others to try: 11756

Valid code = remote light blinks green twice

Invalid code = remote light blinks red, then green

3. Aim the remote at the TV, and press the Power button. If the TV turns off, turn the TV back on and verify that the Volume and Mute buttons work.

If the TV does not turn off, repeat the process with the next TV manufacturer device code.

If you are still having issues, perform a factory reset:

1. Simultaneously press and hold the A button [triangle] and the D button [diamond] until the status light on the remote changes from red to green. This takes about 5 seconds.
  2. Press 9-8-1 on your remote to complete the factory reset. Once this is complete you can retry pairing your XR15 remote.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for your response. I've already tried the suggestions but no luck. Code 12434 didn't work at all. Code 11756 (as I noted in my post) only partially works.

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

Of course that's what we are here for. Quick question is the current XR-15 remote the only XR-15 you have had issues with? Have you had other XR-15 remotes or the XR-11 remote that didn't have this issue? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I used the XR15 I had programmed to my old TCL TV which worked fine. I replaced the remote with a new one from Xfinity and the same problem persists.

Problem Solver

• 

323 Messages

If you are having issues with the Xfinity remote, please check out this article for help on how to factory rest your Xfinity remote and start the paring process over after to see if this helps. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/remote-xr2-or-xr5-buttons-do-not-work please let us know if this resolves the issue you are experiencing. I also pasted the steps below. 

Factory Reset the Xfinity Voice Remote Without a Setup Button (XR15)

1. Press and hold the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons at the same time for three seconds until the status light changes from red to green.
  2. Press 9-8-1.
  3. The LED will blink blue three times to indicate that the remote was reset.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I tried this but it didn't work.  I've also tried all the possible solutions Xfinity has published. Is there a list of 5 digit codes that has been updated to include the latest (model year 2022) TCL TV's?

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

I can understand the frustration! I had a TV that didn't play well with our remote and know that having to switch between two remotes isn't the best. Have you tried all of the following codes: 12290 11756 12434 10885 12291 12292 12293 10706 14398 10047 12049 11454 12253 10625 10037 11953

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here