member2016's profile

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

Tue, Feb 20, 2018 5:00 PM

xr15 30 second skip

I just switched from the XR11 remote and I'm wondering if the 30 second skip functionality is available with the XR15 and the XG1v4.

Is it possible to reprogram the page up/down buttons to trigger a 30 second skip, instead of the multi-minute jumps that are default?

Thank you

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

3 y ago

Enter!! I tried this a few times and it didn't work then the key for me was when I added ENTER to the end of the sequence. So EXIT > EXIT .... 0030 > ENTER.
R.OBrien05

Frequent Visitor

 • 

12 Messages

3 y ago

Hello All,

Just got home after exchanging 2 XR11's with XR15's. The Page Up & Page Down buttons were already set for it. Wasn't on 5 minutes like the old remotes always were...

Page Up = 30 Second Skip
Page Down = 15 Second Back

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.1K Messages

3 y ago


@ROBrien05 wrote:
Hello All,

Just got home after exchanging 2 XR11's with XR15's. The Page Up & Page Down buttons were already set for it. Wasn't on 5 minutes like the old remotes always were...

Page Up = 30 Second Skip
Page Down = 15 Second Back


the setting is for the box not the remote. nothing changes in the remote for exit exit exit 0030

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

3 y ago

I programmed the exit exit exit 0030 yesterday and it worked today it will not work it will not take any fix thanks

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

3 y ago

That work okay yesterday today it is back to 5 minutes and cannot be changed any fix available?

Regular Visitor

 • 

1 Message

3 y ago

Mine has worked for almost 2 years. Three days ago it reverted to 5 minutes, couldn’t edit edit edit 0300 won’t work. Next day tried to fix it, many tries. Pulled power and let it reboot over night. It worked. Next day it went back to 5 minutes. 

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.1K Messages

3 y ago


@sjboyer wrote:

Mine has worked for almost 2 years. Three days ago it reverted to 5 minutes, couldn’t edit edit edit 0300 won’t work. Next day tried to fix it, many tries. Pulled power and let it reboot over night. It worked. Next day it went back to 5 minutes. 


the setting is a non-menu "easter egg" feature. It appears to me (Comcast said not true) that it is related to firmware updates that happen periodically. When the firmware is installed and the box is rebooted, to 'me' it appears the easter egg feature is not loaded back into the box until the 'next' power unplug' or overnight reboot. I have no way to know if that is in fact true, The test for us users is to find the feature off and not programmable. Do a power unplug for 30 seconds or so and then plug back in. the feature seems to normally work after the box reboots.

New Poster

 • 

3 Messages

3 y ago

So exit exit exit and whatever numerical value you enter like 0030 or 0500 changes the time of replay. But if you just want to hit one simple button after setting the time you want skipped just push PAGE DOWN to replay back and PAGE UP to go forward on the XR15 remote

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

3 y ago

This is annoying that they took this function off, right?!!!

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Omg... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!! This worked. I hated not having this function on the new remote. But your instructions solved my problem. I’m so happy 😁

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

3 y ago

Yes, mine stopped today

Frequent Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

3 y ago


@LizCCT4 wrote:
So exit exit exit and whatever numerical value you enter like 0030 or 0500 changes the time of replay. But if you just want to hit one simple button after setting the time you want skipped just push PAGE DOWN to replay back and PAGE UP to go forward on the XR15 remote

As Arthur Fonzarelli would have said, on the TV show Happy Days

"Correct-o-Mundo!!" 

Frequent Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

3 y ago

Tech replaced my XR11 with XR15 and it was already set-up as well.

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.1K Messages

3 y ago

the exit exit exit 0030 changes the set top box settings NOT the remote settings. any remote used with that set top box will get the same change in page up and page down function. 

New to the Community?

Start Here