Wazamadau's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Sunday, December 6th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

XR11 remote will not control ONN Roku TV and Vizio sound bar simultaneously

I cannot get my new onn. Roku TV and my Vizio sound bar to work simultaneously with the XR11 remote. I have tried to use codes, the pairing app, and I’ve tried pairing after resetting the remote with the reset code. Help!

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

4 years ago

Hi Wazamadau. Thanks for visiting and posting on our Forum. We'd like to help troubleshoot your XR11 remote pairing issue. Can you please tell us the programming codes you have tried with your current equipment? 

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Onn Roku TV codes: 11756, 12434, 12290, 12292, 11531.
Vizio soundbar codes: 32454, 31937. More specifically, I can get the remote to operate either the TV or the soundbar, but not both at the same time. The closest I’ve been able to get is for the All Power button on the remote to operate the soundbar power, and the TV button to operate the TV power. I am also able to control the volume in ‘this configuration, but the All Power button does not power on and off both the TV and the soundbar at the simultaneously.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Wazamadau wrote:
Onn Roku TV codes: 11756, 12434, 12290, 12292, 11531.
Vizio soundbar codes: 32454, 31937. More specifically, I can get the remote to operate either the TV or the soundbar, but not both at the same time. The closest I’ve been able to get is for the All Power button on the remote to operate the soundbar power, and the TV button to operate the TV power. I am also able to control the volume in ‘this configuration, but the All Power button does not power on and off both the TV and the soundbar at the simultaneously.

does your remote have the microphone button?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

Yes. I’ve tried using the “program remote” voice function. It gets me through programming the TV, but when it gets to the screen to program the soundbar, the screen quickly goes back to the screen to program the TV. It switches too fast for me to choose my soundbar brand. It does this no matter how many times I repeat it.

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for confirming, @Wazamadau. I wanted to check in with you to see if this has been resolved yet? If not, we can try something here on our end to see if this helps. If that doesn't help, the issue would be with the remote control which will need to be replaced. In the meantime, you can download and use theXFINITY TV Remote App to control your TV box while you wait for their new remote to be swapped if you have an eligible device.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

No, it has not been resolved. The Power button does not power on and off the TV and the soundbar simultaneously.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for your reply, I have a similar set up and I haven't been able to get my remote to simultaneously turn on and off which may be by design. Has this ever worked before with your equipment?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

It did with my Vizio TV. I recently replaced that TV with the Onn TV.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, does the remote turn the sound bar off at all? It sounds like you're missing a critical step in set up if you aren't able to program the remote correctly. This should have nothing to do with your TV but with your remote or cable box. Do you have any other TV or cable box that we can test with?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I have it set up now so that the Power button on the remote powers the sound bar. I can also use the remote to change the volume. The TV button on the remote powers Athens TV on and off. I do have 2 other boxes and TVs in the house.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

4 years ago

Great! Having more than one TV set and cable box will help us with resolving this issue. For further assistance with testing could you please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message"?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here