alwann's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Friday, January 28th, 2022 6:47 PM

Closed

XiD-P box

What is it?  Was told I need to upgrade my cable box.  Received this little unit, about the size of a postcard.  Am I supposed to replace my large cable box?  If so, which one?  (I have two.) I'm not having problems and still don't understand why a replacement is necessary. Attempted to get support via Chat.  Tech rep kinda no help, and actually disconnected.

Side note:  I'm supposed to return "old" unit in box new unit came in.  It won't fit.

Was I sent the wrong device?

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to me, @alwann. My name is Kim and I will be more than happy to help! 

Would you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@XfinityKimberlyB​ 

Re:  Xid-P

Still don't understand why your agent advised I needed this box.  I have since returned it. 

Best I could tell this box had streaming capability for additional subscriber platforms.  My Smart TVs already have those apps, thus I returned it.

No further assistance needed from you.  

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I do appreciate the update and letting me know! Please remember that our Digital Care Team is available at any time, day or night, to answer any questions or concerns regarding your account. I hope you have a great remainder of the weekend, and please stay safe and healthy! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Is the XiDP Box wireless?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello @user_34eb0a! The XiD TV Box is a Service to Additional TV device that supports both Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD, HDMI-only input) TVs for Xfinity X1. It is not wireless. Customers with a cable subscription would need a Xi5 for wireless connection. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here