U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 17th, 2022 3:49 PM

Closed

XG2v2-P performance

We have 1 XG2v2-P box, 1 XiD-P box and 1 Xi6-A box (no cable to that room). We've had massive issues with the XG2v2-P box, though we've only just recently narrowed it down to that box. The problem is mostly with a very long remote response time. Also, a delay when switching channels. One really frustrating quirk is sometimes when we press fast forward on a recorded program and it speeds back to the beginning of the program. It behaves the worst during long recorded programs, usually a sports game.

We've exchanged the remote, and then the XG2v2 box at the Xfinity store and it seemed better for a little while but then went back. We finally thought to move the main box back to the bedroom and put the XiD in the family room which is where we usually watch TV. That was a game changer and allowed us to focus on the XG2v2 box.

I just came across another post like this that suggested upgrading to an XG1v4 box. How do I go about doing that?

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_28c529 We appreciate the troubleshooting you have done thus far. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble with your cable box. I am able to ship out a new box to you. Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago

very long response time is due to local conditions (home wiring, neighborhood wiring) issues. you can quickly prove this by using the Xfinity TV remote app as a digital remote control. all commands at your local set top box are sent upstream to comcast servers that then tell your box via return message what your set top box is to to (change channel, pause, etc) now. on that app, log in and select the particular set top box name for the xg2. then select the joystick icon and the remote type keyboard. do a command you see 'slow' locally with your remote on the TV remote app and you will see how lightening fast the same command is executed.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

We've been using a XG1v4 box to replace our old box for about 3 weeks now, and it seems to have resolved all of our issues.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here