JonM_IN's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, May 3rd, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Xg2v2 not displaying @4k on new tv.

Hello, hopefully this post finds everyone healthy despite the current worldwide pandemic...

So I bought a new LG nanocell TV (65NANO90UNA) and when I connected it to my box (XG2v2) via my home theater (Yamaha TSR-7810), which is a 4k compatible reciever and using 4k compliant HDMI cables, I do not get the option of displaying in 4k. I've done hard resets on the tv and cable box via unplugging, as well as getting on the connect app and doing a system refresh, and I still get no option to pick 4k. I even got creative enough to pull up the display page on the cable box and pull up the info pane on the tv since they don't overlap each other in case my alcohol impared fingers typed the wrong model numbers.

Edit: I just noticed looking over my post that the cable box even recognizes the tv as uhd 4k compliant but won't display anything other than HD.

1 Attachment

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It’s probably because the XG2 isn’t capable of displaying anything in 4K. You need either a XG1V4 or Xi6

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

thank you sir. I assumed (and we all know what that means) that the 2v2 was the newer version of the 1vX

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Thx. Just found out my installer gave me garbage that won't display 4k. I appreciate your help.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@sd941 wrote:

Thx. Just found out my installer gave me garbage that won't display 4k. I appreciate your help.

other than special events (some sport, some Olympics) the X1 subscription is for 720p for cable channels and whatever your local channels have (720p, 1080i, SD). an Xg2 is not a DVR. the xg1v4 is a 4k DVR, if you have an xb3/xb6,xb7 Xfinity gateway then you can use an xi6 companion wireless set top box for 4k on apps like netflix.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Have you contacted Comcast about getting a different box that will allow you to watch cable programming in 4K? I have been wondering for months why the picture on my tv isn't nearly as good as other tv's I have seen and I just found out a couple days ago that it is because the cable box isn't capable of 4K. I tried chatting with an agent to see if I could exchange the box but they said I would have to call and talk to a sales agent. I'm trying to avoid doing that because it usually ends with me wanting to reach through the phone and strangle them. 

I was never given a choice of the type of cable box. They just sent me one in the mail and I set it up. I never even knew there was a different box for 4K until a few days ago.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here