XR360's profile

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

Wednesday, May 6th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

XG1v4-A - -Coax Out Port + Router

Can the Coax out port on my TV box be used to connect my Wireless router for Internet? 

My router works but when I connect the wireless router to the Coax OUT port off of the cable box, my Wireless router does not get a signal. Any ideas?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 years ago

No that device needs to be connected over coax, you’ll need a splitter if you want the router and X1 device to run off the same coax outlet

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you. What is the Coax "Out" port used for off of the cable box? I can't send the cable signal to my router via this coax port?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@XR360 wrote:

Thank you. What is the Coax "Out" port used for off of the cable box? I can't send the cable signal to my router via this coax port?

old analog TV output (CRT) that is SD only.

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Here is some additional info and pictures. I appreciate any and all help. 

I currently have the live xfinity Coax coming out of the wall into the "In" port on the splitter. 

From the splitter: 

Silver coax out into the cable box. 

Gold Coax Out into my wall port. (Seen in photo 2.) 

The wall coax port is a straight line into my office coax line. 

I am able to get an internet connection when the wireless router is hooked up directly into the splitter off of the gold out coax. However, when run through the female wall port, there is no internet signal in my office. 

I am able to push an "out" signal through a femal wall port or should I by pass this port and have a male coax going directly into where the gold out signal is? 

From the white wall port, into my office, is a brand new RG6 Quad line. 

Gold coax goes into white wall port in next photo. Silver coax goes INTO cable box.Gold coax goes into white wall port in next photo. Silver coax goes INTO cable box.White port is feeding office via RG6 Quad cableWhite port is feeding office via RG6 Quad cable

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@XR360 wrote:

Here is some additional info and pictures. I appreciate any and all help. 

I currently have the livexfinityy Coax coming out of the wall into the "In" port on the splitter. 

From the splitter: 

Silver coax out into the cable box. 

Gold Coax Out into my wall port. (Seen in photo 2.) 

The wall coax port is a straight line into my office coax line. 

I am able to get aninternett connection when the wireless router is hooked up directly into the splitter off of the gold out coax. However, when run through the female wall port, there is nointernett signal in my office. 

I am able to push an "out" signal through afemall wall port or should I by pass this port and have a male coax going directly into where the gold out signal is? 

From the white wall port, into my office, is a brand newRG66 Quad line. 

swap the two splitter outputs. problem changes or remains the same? if same try separate cable run on floor to the other room. fixes issue? if so, then problem is somewhere between the splitter and the wall barrel to the other side of the wall to next barrel to the other device you called a wireless router but is probably the gateway (sometimes called a modem). 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Did you take the wall plate off the wall to see if anything is actually attached behind the wall plate. Eventually replace those garbage store bought cables

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

I just ran the line behind the wall barrell connection. RG6 Quad directly to my office. Probably losing signal within the new wall port somewhere? Considered having a direct line out of the wall vs. having the barrell in port. 

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, prior to posting this I connected the modem directly to the out port on the splitter and received an Online signal just fine. Thinking I might be losing a signal somewhere into the port on the wall?

Thank you. 

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

Which cables are you referring to? Just curious. 

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

4 years ago

That should work if that coax goes from your wallplate to the other room and nowhere else. Check your coax connectors and make sure the center pin is protruding out far enough and there are no wire braids touching the center connector. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here