1st Kudo
1st Best Answer
1st Reply

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Dec 7, 2020 12:00 PM

XG1v4 wakes up when connected AVR is put to sleep

I have an XG1v4 connected to an AV receiver that I also use with other input devices. I am using HDMI-CEC to control the XG1v4, the receiver, and the TV.  When I am watching cable using the XG1v4, everything works perfectly. Whenever I wake up the receiver to use any of the other devices, the XG1v4 remains sleeping and all is well. But the moment I am finished with one of those other devices and put the receiver to sleep, the XG1v4 wakes up and that, in turn, re-awakens the receiver and the TV. Any ideas how to prevent this?

Responses

Accepted Solution

John412

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

I have tried various combinations of pairing and CEC and nothing seems to be quite what CEC is supposed to be. For example, if I turn off CEC on the X1 unit, as you recommended, then the AVR initially rejects it when I want to watch something on cable and looks for another CEC-enabled input instead, such as Apple TV or my Blu-ray player. If I turn it off on all of those and the AVR, then things seem to work ok but it becomes rather cumbersome to use multiple remotes just to turn the TV on and off. So, yesterday I purchased a universal remote and am giving that a try. It seems to work so far.

I appreciate your assistance and the work of the technical staff. Actually, I never had the X1 remote paired directly with the AVR. I tried pairing them, but that never seemed to work. Instead, the X1 remote was (and still is) paired with the TV, mainly so that I can use the X1 remote to adjust the audio on the AVR using eARC. That seems to be working ok. 

Official Employee

• 

17 Messages

6 m ago

To mitigate the problem I would recommend to disable HDMI-CEC feature, which can be found here: Settings -> Device Settings ->  Power Preferences -> HDMI-CEC.
Another potential option is to unpair (TV, AVR) your X1 remote.
Please, let me know if it didn't help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick
John412

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

6 m ago

The set-up with HDMI-CEC on the Xfinity unit turned off is not as nice when switching from one device to another, but it does, at least, prevent the AVR and TV from coming on when they shouldn't. I have wondered if there might be a malfunction with the particular Xfinity unit that I have and if swapping for another at the Xfinity Store would be worth a try. 

Official Employee

• 

17 Messages

6 m ago

Our engineering team checked your device and as far as we can tell there is a conflict between commands comming from AVR and X1 remote.
Our recommendation is to either un pair X1 remote from AVR (and rely on HDMI-CEC), or disable HDMI-CEC and control power state and input using X1 remote.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here