U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, October 13th, 2022 12:58 PM

Closed

Xg1v4 dvd and Xfinity DVR service

I have an Xg1v4 cable box that I believe has a DVR in it. I am currently signed up for Xfinity DVR service. Can I cancel the DVR service and just use the DVR in the cable box? 

Accepted Solution

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

2 years ago

If you cancel dvr service, than the XG1v4 will just be a regular cable box that won't be able to make recordings. Also, I don't think Comcast will let you have a dvr without dvr service. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Also on this post, if I cancel the DVR service is there anything I need to setup on the Xg1v4 and will it schedule and have concurrent recordings? Thank you.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I also have a XG1v4 that is not working and rather than replace I am considering just to turn in.  I currently have ‘Saved’ Recordings; what will happen to those recordings?  In addition, does xfinity offer cloud dvr service?  Will I be able to record programming to the cloud?  Bottom line is that I no longer need the XG1v4, but I want to ensure that I am not losing any functionality.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

Just to clarify, you are interested in returning the DVR, but you are still interested in recording programming? Most of our plans now offer 20 hours of DVR recording to be stored in the cloud. In order to receive more you would need to have that physical DVR box. As far as the saved recordings you may lose some, if not all of them by fully returning the physical box. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here