BIslander's profile

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

Saturday, July 23rd, 2022 11:27 PM

Closed

XG1v4 - Dolby Vision`

Does the XG1v4 box support DV?  It looks like it doesn't.  When I go to Settings/Video Display, there's no option to engage DV.  The Current Video Settings screen it says I am set to the highest possible resolution, which it shows as 4K UHD HDR.  My TV does Dolby Vision just fine.   Content on Netflix, Disney+, and AppleTV that plays in DV on my TV apps shows up as HDR on the Xfinity apps.   Thanks.  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hi BIslander, unfortunately the XG1v4 does not support Dolby Vision.However, the XG1v4 is an HD DVR TV Box that supports 4K Ultra HD (UHD), Bluetooth 4.2, High Dynamic Range (HDR) 10 and ATMOS capability.

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

@XfinityAmir​ I get HDR on the handful of broadcast channels that offer it; some Fox Sports games, for example.  But, in testing, it looks like there's no HDR from apps like Netflix, Prime Video, and Disney+.  The program information on some content on those apps shows UHD HDR.  But, my TV set doesn't show that it is getting HDR and it doesn't change picture modes to optimize for HDR as it does with its own apps or other external devices like Roku.  Does Xfinity actually support HDR from those apps?

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks.  That's what it looked like, but I wanted to be sure.  4K HDR is excellent, just wish Xfinity had Dolby Vision as well.  Do you know if that's in the works?  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Unfortunately, we do not have an update on this at this time but we appreciate the feedback. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

113 Messages

2 years ago

Unfortunately, the XG1v4 also not do HDR10 with HBO Max, YouTube or Vudu.  I believe the Xi6 which has a newer chip can do HDR10 on these sites. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Has there been any update in the Xfinity coming products? I too would like a Dolby Vision capable DVR box to work with my Dolby Vision TV as well as my Atmos Sonos speaker system. It appears TIVO now makes ones and Comcast carries the Xi6-A which is also Dolby Vision capable but not a DVR. The XG1v4-A is the best "DVR capable unit Comcast carries but its now over 3 years old and they have not replaced it or offered better. With the World Cup Comcast were apparently broadcasting in Dolby Vision but sadly their DVR box was not able to give me that feed to my TV. When there own box is the limiting factor that is kind of sad, especially based on what I pay a month. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello @atbattson. Unfortunately, there are no updates available at this time. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here