P

Tuesday, April 9th, 2024 1:44 AM

XG1V4 Died and Replaced with XG1V3 -- But I need 4K!

After weeks of bad behavior, my XG1V4 finally died (hung on the welcome screen), and (after a long painful process) I managed to get a tech to come out.

He swapped my XG1V4 (which he took away with him) with an XG1V3, which was "the same, but it doesn't support 4K" -- I explained that I *needed* 4K. Finally, he called and arranged to have a 4K box sent to me. I got it: It's an Xi6, and it came with a $15 self-install charge, and an extra $10/month charge for a second cable box. I already have one Xi6, thank you.  I don't need a second. I need a new proper cable-connected DVR box.

What I need is: A new XG1V4 to replace my old, dead, XG1V4.  And I need to return the XG1V3 that the tech left with me, and the (second) Xi6 which I don't want or need.

I spent hours, literally, chatting with that silly AI thing, and then eventually on the phone with a person... who was very nice, but really not at all helpful.

Help!??  Pleeez?

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

5 months ago

Do you have an Xinity store anywhere near?  You can return them there.  Getting an XG1v4 at store is a challenge though.   Most don't have them.  And, it seems like there aren't any new ones.  I've received several replacements and they are all used.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here