M

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Friday, April 14th, 2023 11:54 AM

Closed

XG1V4 Blue Screen

Hello

I got a xg1v4 cable box. Things have started to act weird. On my Sony tv which is 4k it stops displaying a picture. I get a blue screen. All my settings are correct on my tv. I plug it into another input and works fine. Plug it back into the original still doesn’t work. But if I reboot the box I get the welcome screen just fine. Than won’t display a picture and goes blue screen eventually after blinking black.  Switched hdmi cables doesn’t fix it. If I plug my Roku into the input that isn’t working right with the box. The Roku works just fine. I have also switched the resolution to 1080p and 720p and it behaves the same way. I am going to swap my box today.  Any ideas? This is a very strange issue. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Greetings, @Mopar57! I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you were having issues with your DVR, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance. Were you able to come in and get a replacement box yet, by any chance, or are you still having these issues?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityJamesC​ 

I have a temporary box while a newer one comes. So far the temporary box is working just fine. 

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

That's great to hear. Please let us know if the new box fixes the issue. It may have been a defect on the HDMI output of the box which was causing the issues. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

The pandora app doesn’t work. It keeps flashing. I even asked my friend to try it and it does it also. Seems to be a wide spread issue. I exchanged my box again not knowing that. Now I ended up with a junky xg2v2 that is very slow and I can barley do anything. I am getting tired of this. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here