U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, October 3rd, 2021 6:19 PM

Closed

Xfinity X1 XG1v4 cable box

I went to the local Xfinity store to swap out my cable box for a 4K capable cable box for my new LG 4K TV.  The technician at the store assured me that the cable box I received (Xfinity XG2v2-P) was 4K capable.  However, from the posts I'm seeing, it appears that I need an XG1v4 or Xi6 cable box and the only way to obtain it is through the support forum.  Who do I need to contact?  Thanks.

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

3 years ago

Hi there! @user_20bd22 we definitely want you to be able to enjoy your new LG TV to the fullest with one of our 4K boxes! We can look into getting you the right box, I'm sorry that you were provided an incorrect model from the store. Let's get started! Please send me a Direct Message with the full name of the Account Owner and yourself, if different, as well as the full address on file.

To send a Message:
1. Click on the Chat Bubble icon in the upper right corner.
2. Search for "Xfinity Support" and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop down list.
3. Type your message in the text area.
4. Press Enter to send!

Frequent Visitor

• 

29 Messages

@XfinityKaitlan 

Hi - I've had a similar experience. My XG1v4 has started to fail (audio problems). After chatting with a representative, I received an XiD-P. I took it back to the local store. They didn't have any XG1v4 boxes and said to call Xfinity. I called and received two XG2v2-P boxes.

I'd like a 4K/DVR box and it seems like the XG1v4 is the right one for me.

I don't know how to direct message you (I don't see a chat bubble anywhere), so I thought replying might be good. Please let me know and I can send the account name/number or whatever you need.

Thanks very much. 

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

@rckraus

The option to send a direct message should be available--do you see an icon like this next to the notification (bell) icon? 

You can also use this link: https://comca.st/323PX6H

XG1v4's are unfortunately limited to direct shipment only at this time, so the stores and technicians are not carrying them. =] We can have one shipped out--there is just a specific check box we have to click off to make sure you receive the 4K XG1v4.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

29 Messages

I must be missing something but I don’t see the icons. The link goes to a 404 page. Can you please help me figure out how to get the account name and address to you?  Thanks. 

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

Please make sure you are signed into your forums account in order to send the direct message.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I am having these same issues.  I am signed into my Xfinity account as well as my forums account.  I do not have a direct chat icon.  If I follow the link provided (above), I get an error message.  Can you provide a fix?  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

If you have an LG TV, turn off the HDMI “Deep Color” setting if you have a XG1V4 box.  There seems to be some kind of incompatibility with 4K on this box.  Switch the setting off may help folks having this problem. https://www.dtvusaforum.com/threads/xg1v4-doesnt-work-with-deep-color-uhd-10-12-bit-compatibility.138872/

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_78a183 Thank you!!!!   I spent the better part of the past couple of weeks struggling with this issue.  I totally rewired by av system and LG monitor.  Double checked all my cables, hdmi inputs.  I was about to give up, and then read your post.  Thank you very much for sharing this insight.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

does anyone know where the IR sensor is on the XG1v4 TV box??

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

where is the IR sensor on the Xfinity XG1v4-A???

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

where is the IR sensor on the XG1v4-A??

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same request in terms of adding another XG1v4 box in household with a customer owned modem.  What is the best method to sent a DM to order this?

Contributor

• 

41 Messages

3 years ago

I got a roku ultra-box and the picture Quilty for the cable box to the Roku box is night and day. 1000x better than my x1 box.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I ordered a xg1v4 box but what arrived today is the 2v2 non dvr non 4K box.  How can I get the xg1v4 dvr 4K box for my new LG 4K tv?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Looks like you can go to the and chat to get the box ordered.  They were going to order for me but I decided to make an appointment at the local xfinity store.  We will see if they have the 4K box...

https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here