D

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jul 27, 2021 4:29 AM

Xfinity X1 TV Box Not Working

Good evening, our main X1 TV box refuses to connect to Comcast service.  Most of our other TV's are using the streaming app, but there are a few others in the house using coax which appear to be OK.  We have swapped out the box with no success.  We had an onsite appointment with a Comcast tech a week or so ago - he came out, looked at the TV, messed around with a couple of things, told my daughter "it's working", and left.  He said something "blew a fuse".  My friend who is an IT tech says he's not aware of any Comcast X1 residential equipment with a fuse, so I take this with a grain of salt.

My daughter was busy and did not physically check that the TV was working.  Her mistake - she should have, because it's not.  Nothing has changed - it still does not work.  It sits on "connecting to your entertainment experience..." and never proceeds.  Streaming and wifi work fine.  I am convinced he did absolutely nothing and was just in a hurry to leave.

Help, Comcast!

Responses

Official Employee

• 

187 Messages

2 m ago

Hi there, @dmulholland723, thank you for taking the time to post on our Xfinity Forums page! It saddens me to hear about the ongoing service issue you are experiencing as well as the negative experience you had with an on-site tech. This is definitely not the type of experience we would want or expect for a valued customer. Please rest assured, you have reached the right team! We can look further into the account and assist with getting down to the bottom of that issue. Please send us a private message with your full name and service address to get started. 

Here's the detailed steps to send a private message to us: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityValerie Thank you!  DM has been sent.  I appreciate your response.

New to the Community?

Start Here